Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolls Bread Baker's Apprentice pages; 159, 172, and 175

Hello Breadheads/aka Loafers
    So, I have been on a quest to find the perfect vehicle for some of my smoked food.
    I know some of you have Peter Rinehart's book "Bread Baker's Apprentice" so I thought I would share a few of my bakes from that book with you.

I made the Kaiser Rolls, but shaped them like hot dog buns to accommodate the sausages I made.

Then I made "torpedo" rolls from the Italian bread recipe.

That's my Man's lunch, the eggs have mayo and rooster sauce on them...looks like I squidge ketchup on them

These were really good with sausages the next day.

Next I tried to make some foccaccia. I'd never made it before.
    I used the oil that I made from smoking salt and hot peppers and infusing the oil with the salt and peppers hoping the smoke flavor would come through. It did.

You smoosh the heavily oiled dough out with your fingers and dimple the dough to get it spread in the pan.

Hey, look I made pastrami!

I made extra corned beef for yesterday and I smoked it. My first pastrami!

All the recipes worked out just as written. I really like how they all held all the ingredients together and didn't fall apart. Even the thin foccaccia.
    Thanks for looking at my rolls.
    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Mo diddly girl! That is some serious bread baking you did there! Dang, I have that book and LOVE IT!!! Those pics make me a little tender inside. Very nice my sweetness!

Edit: Forgot to give you some of these here points. For some reason I couldn't get the cute little points guy to come up. Musta been those gin and 7-ups!

Comment

Thanks for looking Squirrel Guirrel!
      I just poured myself a gin
      Cheers to GIN!!

Comment

Damn Mo!...Bump em & tear the fenders & push em to the wall! Scale clickin right!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by moselle View Post
          Hello Breadheads/aka Loafers
          So, I have been on a quest to find the perfect vehicle for some of my smoked food.
          I know some of you have Peter Rinehart's book "Bread Baker's Apprentice" so I thought I would share a few of my bakes from that book with you.

I made the Kaiser Rolls, but shaped them like hot dog buns to accommodate the sausages I made.

Then I made "torpedo" rolls from the Italian bread recipe.

That's my Man's lunch, the eggs have mayo and rooster sauce on them...looks like I squidge ketchup on them

These were really good with sausages the next day.

Next I tried to make some foccaccia. I'd never made it before.
          I used the oil that I made from smoking salt and hot peppers and infusing the oil with the salt and peppers hoping the smoke flavor would come through. It did.

You smoosh the heavily oiled dough out with your fingers and dimple the dough to get it spread in the pan.

Hey, look I made pastrami!

I made extra corned beef for yesterday and I smoked it. My first pastrami!

All the recipes worked out just as written. I really like how they all held all the ingredients together and didn't fall apart. Even the thin foccaccia.
          Thanks for looking at my rolls.
          Amazing! This is magazine stuff, absolutely some great photos here. Very impressed. Wow.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Mo, that's some beautiful bread! My wife would tear up and bunch of those crusty, crunchy ones. She's Italian and doesn't care for regular bread. Don't let her near the Artisan breads though.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
              Great looking rolls Mos,

What book is it again? "Could you show the book cover?"
              Here you go Big D
              http://www.amazon.com/Bread-Bakers-A.../dp/1580082688

Comment

Thats some pretty looking bread there Mo.
                I keep saying I'm going to try to bake some dog buns, (they get 3 bucks for a pack of six here) I think your pic's might just get me motivated. Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Looks great Mo. Nice job. I was just lookin at that Foccaccia recipe the other day. That stuff looks really good.
                  https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Thanks, Guys.
                    Do it Dan and Todd. It's super easy, the dog buns and the foccaccia.
                    They taste so much better and hold together. You can really load up the brats with grilled peppers and kraut and stuff and it stays put. The foccaccia held all that pastrami and coleslaw in too.

Comment

Awesome bake, Floydm would be proud. I don't know why I got outta baking after viewing your fare. What was the ,,hehe. never mind I'll just scroll back up LOL
                      Last edited by SmokinLee; 03-19-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Very nice, Mo! Thanks for the page #'s. Awesome book and AWESOME BAKE ya got there!

Comment

great looking bread!
                          sigpic
                          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

dayum me hungry now!!! great lookin breadstuff there!
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Wow

Way cool stuff, I need to get back to some flour stuff as soon as i fix the oven I think this may be just the motivation to do that.

You are a flour godess......

Comment

Working...
                              X