Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milk Days Outdoor Grilling Comp - 5/28/2011 - Harvard, IL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Days Outdoor Grilling Comp - 5/28/2011 - Harvard, IL.

I did this competition last year and had a good time doing the cook and hanging out with folks. Laid back, non KCBS event.

$40 per team, (4) categories: Ribs, pork, burgers, chicken.

http://www.milkdays.com

- click the registration tab
    - click the download tab under events to get details and entry form
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Yeah, I missed out on going last year, gotta get my arse out there this year.
    Do you have to do all categories or can you just do which ever ones you want?

GOSM
    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
    Digital Thermometers
    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
      Yeah, I missed out on going last year, gotta get my arse out there this year.
      Do you have to do all categories or can you just do which ever ones you want?
      you can do 1 or all 4.

I did all 4 last year.

Im most likely not doing it this year(illness in the family, and too far of a hike from Marseilles.)

The organizers are good guys and were looking for some help to spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
        you can do 1 or all 4.

I did all 4 last year.

Im most likely not doing it this year(illness in the family, and too far of a hike from Marseilles.)

The organizers are good guys and were looking for some help to spread the word.
        Didn't you win one of the categories last year Jim? Or was that another comp?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
          Didn't you win one of the categories last year Jim? Or was that another comp?
          that was another one I did later in the summer(best dish category). I will be doing that one again.

out of 14 teams last year I finished 8th(my first competition).

my ribs at least finished 6th.

Comment

my ribs at least finished 6th.
            Huh... well, send me a rack. I'm sure you'll fare better here :{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              Huh... well, send me a rack. I'm sure you'll fare better here :{)
              lol, thanks.

Comment

sounds like fun Jim....next weekend we are doing a non-sanctioned event,but with kcbs judges etc...Called Naked BBQ..no electronics..just wood and charcoal etc..cookers...Ribs,chicken and peoples choice wings...

winner gets like a grand i think,,,Should we win it will help pay for me carp fishing trip....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                  sounds like fun Jim....next weekend we are doing a non-sanctioned event,but with kcbs judges etc...Called Naked BBQ..no electronics..just wood and charcoal etc..cookers...Ribs,chicken and peoples choice wings...

winner gets like a grand i think,,,Should we win it will help pay for me carp fishing trip....
                  good luck on that comp. I hope you get to take that fishing trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post

Good luck ALX, and let me know if you book a trip... I have some special carp flies ya might want...

FrenchFryFly.jpg

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

It's actually the weekend of June 4th and 5th, which means I won't be able to go, I'm throwing a party for my wifes birthday on June 4th

GOSM
                      K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                      Digital Thermometers
                      140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post

[ATTACH]5829[/ATTACH]
                        Hey...Thanks Phil....Never used the burger king brand on me Carp.Nothings to good for me Carp...

Comment

Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
                          It's actually the weekend of June 4th and 5th, which means I won't be able to go, I'm throwing a party for my wifes birthday on June 4th
                          The Milk Days Festival is the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The Grilling comp. is held the week before(5/28) @ the Moose Lodge.

Registration is open til 5/21.

Comment

The Milk Days Festival is the 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The Grilling comp. is held the week before(5/28) @ the Moose Lodge.

Registration is open til 5/21.
                            Oh, well hell then I guess I'm in, thanks for clearing that up for me, my buddy and I were planning on doing ribs and pulled pork

GOSM
                            K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                            Digital Thermometers

Comment

Working...
                            X