Stuffed Hamburger and Chopped Brisky Buns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffed Hamburger and Chopped Brisky Buns

Hamburger and chopped brisky posts to follow this weekend....

Decided to give hamburger buns another go. In the past, I've had problems with them just flattening and fattening out instead of raising up... so after a little reading in the BBA, I've found that the way you shape and work with the dough can have dramatic effects on the final bake... who knew!

So... starting with a good o'l batch of Bassman #1, I ended up with these.

Pretty proud a ma self as they actually resemble buns!!!

Process for those interested:

Started my sponge yesterday morning and mixed the dough last night around 6:00'ish.
    I let it proof until about 10:30, punched it down, and set it outside to get a good slow cold proof.

This morning, I carefully up-side-down'ed the dough onto the counter, cut off two chunks for loaves, and gently flattened the rest out by hand trying as hard as I could to not totally depress the dough.

Got it to about 1/2" thick.

I then found a plastic storage bowl with a good sharp top edge and used it for a bun cutter. Placed the buns on sprayed cookie sheets and baked in a 500* oven for 12 minutes with a steam pan and I sprayed the oven a couple of times in the beginning with water.

Results: For me... OUTSTANDING!!! The sharp cut edge kept the conformity of the bun - very little side ways creep on these, and not rolling them out with a rolling pen allowed them to almost quadruple in height.

May still be a little "heavy" for bun, but I can't wait to smack some meat in these and start gnawing down!

Thanks for checking out my bun post.
    Tracey

MMmmmm, homemade buns. Look great. Will look better stuffed with that brisky later
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

NICE!! Great idea using something to cut out the bun!
      Do we get to see pictures of them with stuffed hamburger and brisket?
      "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Lookin' good Tracey! I'll be back about 4:00 pm for my burger.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks like a good start to a great sammich!
          Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Big T in da house, nice work.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X