Pear wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pear wood

Is pear wood any good for smoking? I can get a free pickup load from a co-worker. Anyone ever use it?
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Never Pear, but Peach, Plum, Apple and Cherry..... Pear kinda fits in that group.... I would think it would be decent?... Curious to here.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
      Is pear wood any good for smoking? I can get a free pickup load from a co-worker. Anyone ever use it?

Yes, and it's good stuff.. A nice subtle smoke flavor. Much like apple. Excellent with chicken and pork. Best jump on it..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Will do, thank you.
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Yes, and it's good stuff.. A nice subtle smoke flavor. Much like apple. Excellent with chicken and pork. Best jump on it..
          Yep...Nice subtle smoke...I get it from an orchard occasionaly and always liked it....

Comment

Thanks ALX, appreciate the advice.

sigpic
            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
              Sure thing, we use it here. More than hickory, but not as often as apple, cherry, mesquite and oak.
              sigpic

Comment

ANY fruitwood. I have not heard an exception. Is it not listed in the sticky?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

yep... good stuff. been using it pretty exclusively since i got a free truckload of it. it's sweeter, like apple, but never overpowering. did some ABT's with it for my daughter's birthday and they turned out great.

Later,
                  Andy
                  Current babies:
                  -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                  -RichTee's Lang :)
                  Former Lineup:
                  -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                  -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                  -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                  -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                  BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Working...
                  X