DJ's Boudain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ's Boudain

Someone started a thread about some rub "somewhere", so I figured I would try one for this. I've added this to my "portfolio" because it's got a great color, a taste that is well rounded, spicy but not too spicy, smokes up wonderfully, and comes back from a frozen state after smoking just as good as the original if you overnight thaw it or do it at 35% power in the nuker - no soggy rice.

I went down to DJ's operations yesterday to try and buy some quantity and get an account going and they said that they have so much demand that they can't fulfill that they will put me on a list, but can't add me as a client yet. Based on the numbers he gave me they would have to increase production 64% to meed demand. Not going to happen anytime soon I don't think!

So, I ordered Rytek's book today. I've seen a couple of recipes for boudain out there but was hoping someone has already tried to "match the hatch" on DJ's in particular. They're out of Beaumont Texas and are relatively local to east TX and some of LA. They are NOT the same as Zummo's which is out there in web-land but is wrong. Although...if you have a Zummo's copy-recipe that might be a big help too since they used to be made by DJ's, but then spun off and are doing their own thing now. But I'm guessing they tried to match DJ's recipe too (I've never tried Zummo's so can't compare the taste).

Or do you have a favorite that would fit the bill you would like to share?
Working...
X