Gift from a friend.

Would this still be good?
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Prolly. I mean..if it ever WAS good.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

One way to find out....
      Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Naaa it was rot gut to start with and wouldn't age well....send it to me, I'll "dispose" of it for ya.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Just got off the ph with the LCBO and the guy told me that spirits don't go bad so enjoy .
          I just figure it out and this stuff because it says 16 yr old on the bottle and its labled 1960 make it is 68 years old.
          The guy said if I didn't want it I should bring it to him.

Sipping whiskey for sure.
          Chargriller Pro w. sfb
          Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

I wish i had friends like that...Enjoy.....

Comment

It don't change much in the glass bottle, Herb... the age means little once bottled.
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Never a problem Herb. Have at it. I have a Texas Mickey of CC "Canadian Club"
                Dated 1963 unopened with the label intact. Just waiting for the right moment...
                ---------------------------------------------------
                I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                ---------------------------------------------------
                KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                  Just waiting for the right moment...
                  There's some famous foodies/winies that have "Open that bottle!" night like once a year...

Seems one was saving a bottle for an anniversary with his wife I think...and she died unexpectedly.

Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by lynsey123 View Post
                    Just got off the ph with the LCBO and the guy told me that spirits don't go bad so enjoy .
                    I just figure it out and this stuff because it says 16 yr old on the bottle and its labled 1960 make it is 68 years old.
                    The guy said if I didn't want it I should bring it to him.

Sipping whiskey for sure.
                    No, it just means it was aged for 16 years before bottling, doesn't matter what year it was put in the bottle. So it's a 16 year old whiskey, I bet that tastes pretty dang good.

GOSM
                    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                    Digital Thermometers
                    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Here is some Scotch that is over 100 yrs old.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...heritage-trust
                      100-year-old crate of Scotch whisky found trapped in Antarctic
                      BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
                      DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
                      Saturday, August 14, 2010
                      A crate of Scotch whisky that was trapped in Antarctic ice for a century was finally opened Friday - but the heritage dram won't be tasted by whisky lovers because it's being preserved for its historic significance.

The crate, recovered from the Antarctic hut of renowned explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton after it was found there in 2006, has been thawed very slowly in recent weeks at the Canterbury Museum in Christchurch on New Zealand's South Island.

The crate was painstakingly opened to reveal 11 bottles of Mackinlay's Scotch whisky, wrapped in paper and straw to protect them from the rigors of a rough trip to Antarctica for Shackleton's 1907 Nimrod expedition. Though the crate was frozen solid when it was retrieved earlier this year, the whisky inside could be heard sloshing around in the bottles.

Antarctica's minus 22 Fahrenheit (-30 Celsius) temperature was not enough to freeze the liquor, dating from 1896 or 1897 and described as being in remarkably good condition. This Scotch is unlikely ever to be tasted, but master blenders will examine samples of it to see if they can replicate the brew. The original recipe for the Scotch no longer exists.

Comment

I'm sure its bad send my way I'll check it out
                        sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                        members mark upright propane smoker
                        kingsford bbq
                        23"weber kettle

Comment

Hey It has to be a collectable, look at it this way, nothing in it was made in China back then...

Comment

Now this would be a good reason to get that passport and turn this into "the right moment"

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                            Never a problem Herb. Have at it. I have a Texas Mickey of CC "Canadian Club"
                            Dated 1963 unopened with the label intact. Just waiting for the right moment...

Comment

Had a few out of it, awesome stuff.
                              Chargriller Pro w. sfb
                              Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Working...
                              X