anyone up for a trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone up for a trade?

I got a ton of pear wood here and was hoping to maybe get a big flat-rate box exchange going? I'm looking for just about any fruit wood, sugar maple, hickory... damn near anything. lol. i've got enough pearwood to last me all summer, and then some, so if anyone wants to try it and trade, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

I got a pickup load this week, haven't tried it yet. It's still a bit green but it'll dry out soon hopefully. I would imagine if I chunk it up it will dry quicker?
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
      I got a pickup load this week, haven't tried it yet. It's still a bit green but it'll dry out soon hopefully. I would imagine if I chunk it up it will dry quicker?
      will dry much quicker...this is my wood chunck rack in garden shack from 3 years or so back...I get some indirect light and can open window for circulation...

Prolly had 12 types wood on a few motnhs after this picture..maybe 6-8 types in this picture...Hickory,peach,pear,apple,red and white oak,cherry,pecan that i recall

I have some extra apple if you interested AC....

Comment

Nice...what type of tool did you use to chunk it?
        Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Nice...what type of tool did you use to chunk it?
          I just square the logs with a wedge and hammer..cut to length i want with saw-z-all and then split that into chunks...

Comment

Love to help, but I seem to be covered up with Texas Pecan... Not much help in the fruit wood area..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Gotcha...got myself a saws-all, thought about gettin' another saw that might make it easier, like a miter saw or something. Open for suggestions people.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

I just use me band saw...bigger stuff I split with a bad a$$ lil hatchet...
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I have a buttload of wild cherry stored away in the man-cave above the garage...it's already slabbed and ready to bust up with a hatchet...if you're interested.

Ken...I'd trade you some pecan for something I have on hand....cherry, as mentioned above....oak...apple...I have some hard maple scraps from work, too...

L8r,
                  Eric

Comment

Andy, I have a bunch of sugar maple... it's aged about 2 to 3 years... been outside the whole time stacked off the ground, so it is gray looking on the outside, but really good inside. Smells wonderful and imparts a beautiful flavor... especially to pork and chicken.

The bulk of what I have left is 2" to 4" dia. that would fit in the box. Will that work?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Andy, I have a bunch of sugar maple... it's aged about 2 to 3 years... been outside the whole time stacked off the ground, so it is gray looking on the outside, but really good inside. Smells wonderful and imparts a beautiful flavor... especially to pork and chicken.

The bulk of what I have left is 2" to 4" dia. that would fit in the box. Will that work?
                      I trade you bag humphrey lump at salisbury for some dry sugar maple...

Comment

Gotcha...got myself a saws-all, thought about gettin' another saw that might make it easier, like a miter saw or something. Open for suggestions people.
                        i just put it in vice on work bench....Aggresive cut wood blade in saw-z-all....

Do have some maine apple if trade is right if anyone interested...

Comment

got myself a saws-all, thought about gettin' another saw that might make it easier,Open for suggestions people.
                          Maybe get someone else to chunk it up for ya
                          The reciprocating saw is the way to go
                          sigpic
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          New Braunfels Hondo
                          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                          1-26" Weber Kettle
                          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                            I trade you bag humphrey lump at salisbury for some dry sugar maple...
                            I'll hook ya' up ALX!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              I'll hook ya' up ALX!!
                              Cool..dont go crazy,but i can find a 20 pound bag or maybe more.....

Comment

Working...
                              X