Alex, how often with the fish juice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex, how often with the fish juice?

The stuff I bought at HD say's every three weeks. That seems like too long...especially with all the rain we been havin. Sooooo how often to fish juice the garden?
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Not sure what kind you got and don't use fish product myself (I do all organic nutrients but always avoided fish products cause I don't want raccoons messing with the plants) but some nutrients are slow release and some plants only need a feeding every few weeks and regular watering in between.

Not sure that that helps any but I'm sure Alex will be along eventually.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

knock Knock Alex...Anybody home?
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Next question - pesticide, what do you use?
        Mark
        sigpic

Comment

Catch up with me later...

I foliar feed BTW...fish just a low dose for peppers in particular........
          Last edited by ALX; 04-02-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            Next question - pesticide, what do you use?
            Absolutely none. (at least I don't) They are terrible on the fruit, body and Earth.
            Go green or go home

Healthy plants, good compost, row covers, proper watering and air flow and hand picking bugs and you shouldn't have a problem.

Except for stink bugs
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
              Absolutely none. (at least I don't) They are terrible on the fruit, body and Earth.
              Go green or go home

Healthy plants, good compost, row covers, proper watering and air flow and hand picking bugs and you shouldn't have a problem.

Except for stink bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                Go green or go home

Except for stink bugs
                Tell you get red spider mites... We get them here no matter what, and the only thing I have found so far that will rid them is Kelthane.. And they no longer sell the stuff to JQP.. There is no hand picking mites off of plants..

But since I stopped growing matters... No mite problem..

And Mark, if it's not to strong of a emulsion I would hit it every two weeks.. Plus you are getting a lot of rain and washing away your applications.. JMO..
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Like Ken said no one could pick off mites. We have a garden pest here called a flea beetle and no way can you pick them off either. When you get near them they jump off the plant. They are about the size of a pencil lead and fast too.
                  There is a natural insecticide called bt which a naturally occuring insect disease.
                  http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05556.html

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                    Like Ken said no one could pick off mites. We have a garden pest here called a flea beetle and no way can you pick them off either. When you get near them they jump off the plant. They are about the size of a pencil lead and fast too.
                    There is a natural insecticide called bt which a naturally occuring insect disease.
                    http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05556.html
                    diatomaceous earth works a treat for flea beetles and much cheaper, MUCH cheaper than BT. Actually, I'm not sure BY works for hard bodies bugs?
                    "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Not saying I have not tried green options... I have tried the dish soap, tobacco spray.. Seems nothing helps..
                      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

No it dosn't work for the beetles, I didn't know what bugs he had so just threw it out there. It works ok for the miller moth larva (cabbage worms) But the worms are easy to pick off and gives you that true green thumb lol

Originally posted by moselle View Post
                        diatomaceous earth works a treat for flea beetles and much cheaper, MUCH cheaper than BT. Actually, I'm not sure BY works for hard bodies bugs?

Comment

Thats the way I am too Ken, it gets frustrating. I just get some liquid seven and get er dun.

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          Not saying I have not tried green options... I have tried the dish soap, tobacco spray.. Seems nothing helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                            Try diatomaceous earth Ken. You can get non food grade at a pool supply place really cheap.
                            "And I SWORE I would not read, much less post in that thread, dammit!

Comment

Another tip if you plan on spraying your plants. If you add a few drops of dish soap to say a gallon of mixed spray, it works great as a surfacant.

Surfactants are compounds that lower the surface tension of a liquid, the interfacial tension between two liquids, or that between a liquid and a solid. ...

This is especially true when spraying crucifers ( cabbage family plants ) like cabbage, broccolli, kolrabi.................. because they repel the spray and just run off the leaves but when you add a surfacant in sticks right now.
                              Last edited by SmokinLee; 04-03-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X