One more run at the T-H chicken links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more run at the T-H chicken links

Wanted to make something for the chili cook off next week. So chicken links it is. Went a little different this time. The spices I ordered came in, so I tried some of them.

Tried what was left in the stuffer fried up fine. I like this run allot better than the last. No coriander this time used the skin. I turned the hog casings inside out (That was fun). Man them hog casing look huge after using sheep casings the last couple of runs. I used T-H recipe with a few changes.

No coriander
    Added
    2tbls garlic power
    1tbls mustard seed
    1tbls anise
    2tbls 90K red pepper
    ________
    Uhwh
    Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:37 PM.

Those look good. Got some chicken today so I could make it next weekend. Can't wait to try them.

sigpic
    Brinkman SnP-w/mods
    ECB
    GOSM
    MES for sticks and sausage
    30 yr old Weber Kettle
    Brinkman gasser

Comment

Looks good.

Aren't you supposed to fry that patty before you stuff them to see if you will like them?

Comment

Looks good. I'd guess that patty is what was left in the bottom of the stuffer. I never taste test. I just take my chances. So far the only think I haven't liked was Legg's chorizo. That's nasty. Stickin' with my own.
        Smoke Doc where'd you get the spices?
        As cheap as chicken quarters are, that's a great idea.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
          Smoke Doc where'd you get the spices?
          GS this is a great spice source (right across the river from me); their spices are really fresh since they do a huge business; I also get my casings there too. I'm a collegian casings guy; messing with natural casings to me is more trouble than it's worth and the collegian ones all but disappear after cooking.

http://stores.pghspice.com/StoreFront.bok

This is an old, old family business in the famous Strip District of Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Bill View Post
            GS this is a great spice source (right across the river from me); their spices are really fresh since they do a huge business; I also get my casings there too. I'm a collegian casings guy; messing with natural casings to me is more trouble than it's worth and the collegian ones all but disappear after cooking.

Great prices. Thanks! I'll give them a try.

Tom

Comment

I have been getting my stuff from the Sausage Maker Inc. so far they have been getting me the stuff I order in a timely manner and it has been of good quality. They seem to have a large selection of just about anything I could want.I normally don't do a little patty first any more. I have got to where I do 5lb runs and to-date have not made anything I just could not eat. The last run of chicken was not as good as I had hoped but I did finish it off.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/
              ________
              What'S Spencer Pratt'S Job

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Doc View Post
                I have been getting my stuff from the Sausage Maker Inc. so far they have been getting me the stuff I order in a timely manner and it has been of good quality. They seem to have a large selection of just about anything I could want.I normally don't do a little patty first any more. I have got to where I do 5lb runs and to-date have not made anything I just could not eat. The last run of chicken was not as good as I had hoped but I did finish it off.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/
                I use sausage maker too but not for spices or casings; they're way too expensive and hardly move the volume to assure freshness; Pgh Spice processes their spices on site. Take one from the top, Arrowroot for example; sausage maker is 6.99 per pound, Pittsburgh Spice is 2.89 per pound. Even casings, SM 32 MM collegian 17.99; Pgh Spice 6.60. SM also has no where near the selection of spices or casings.
                Last edited by Smokin Bill; 03-28-2009, 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin Bill View Post

Just checked that site out. They do have great prices! Thanks, I'm going to give them a try. Usually order from either LEM or Sausage Maker.

sigpic
                  Brinkman SnP-w/mods
                  ECB
                  GOSM
                  MES for sticks and sausage
                  30 yr old Weber Kettle
                  Brinkman gasser

Comment

That looks really good. Appreciate the heads up on where ya got your spices.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Good looking sausage. Thanks Bill for the link to the spice and seasoning co.
                      sigpic
                      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks for the tip I will be checking them out. With the cost of everything going up sure helps if you can save a little. Thanks again...
                        ________
                        Blowjob Sounds

Comment

I do a lot ordering from Allied Kenco. Prices aren't bad. Definitely can't beat their deals on encapsulated citric acid or cures. But I don't buy their spices. IF I buy seasoning, I buy from them.

Tom

Comment

Great looking sausage. I'll get a grinder one of these days. (sigh)
                            KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Well I got a little carried away with myself...The chicken links cooked up real fine the wife and really enjoyed them. While I was at it did some Texas June bugs and some Barbie-doe snack stick ABT's, To bad about my boy Gordan maybe he will get-er done next week here in Texas at TMS.

They were plenty juice this time...
                              ________
                              VAPIR AIR ONE 5.0 VAPORIZER
                              Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X