backwoods clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backwoods clone

Here's a link to my build I just finished. My first smoke in this will be my first smoke ever. Any feedback on what you think about it will be appreciated.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc444/spencejeep/
    Last edited by spencejeep; 04-14-2011, 10:35 AM. Reason: link didn't work

Cant comment on anything technical,but looks very niceely done...We love both ours...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
      Cant comment on anything technical,but looks very niceely done...We love both ours...
      thanks!

Comment

GReat looking smoker. Top Notch fabrication. What do you have wrapped up in it if you don't mind the question.
        ~Brian~
        GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
        BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

It looks great....very nice work. Have you ever cooked on one before?
          Also what did you use to hold your gasket on the door?
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

WOW! .... Nice looking smoker
            sigpic

Comment

Yep...Ya done good!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

by far, one of the best smokers i have seen! very nicely done. how long did it take you? i love the attention to detail. I might have to get one of those built in the future... my wife would love it if i could make a nicer-looking smoker and get rid of my fridge smoker... it looks like it would be easier one fuel and be a little more consistent. what material thicknesses did you use?

Later,
                Andy
                Current babies:
                -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                -RichTee's Lang :)
                Former Lineup:
                -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                  by far, one of the best smokers i have seen! very nicely done. how long did it take you? i love the attention to detail. I might have to get one of those built in the future... my wife would love it if i could make a nicer-looking smoker and get rid of my fridge smoker... it looks like it would be easier one fuel and be a little more consistent. what material thicknesses did you use?

Later,
                  Andy
                  Not to hijack...but backwoods awesome smoker...Very close to set and forget and double insulated etc..really makes smoking in any weather possible,,,,If i stack lump and wood chunks consistent i can go 12 hours easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Joneser View Post
                    GReat looking smoker. Top Notch fabrication. What do you have wrapped up in it if you don't mind the question.
                    Thanks!
                    Last edited by spencejeep; 08-10-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Later,
                      Andy
                      thanks Andy. I used 16ga for walls and 1/8" angle for frame. the firebox and waterpan are 3/16" I think. bought most of it from a scrap place.

Comment

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                        It looks great....very nice work. Have you ever cooked on one before?
                        Also what did you use to hold your gasket on the door?
                        never smoked on anything before. the gasket is a tadpole gasket, so there in about an 1" of fiberglass material sandwiched between the inside skin that is screwed to the door frame.

Comment

Originally posted by spencejeep View Post
                          never smoked on anything before. the gasket is a tadpole gasket, so there in about an 1" of fiberglass material sandwiched between the inside skin that is screwed to the door frame.
                          Where did you source the tadpole gasket from Spence...awesome job on fabrication.

Is that insulation a rocksul / rock wool insulation?
                          BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                          Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                          I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Later,
                            Andy
                            I probably have about 40 hours into it, not counting the time spent hitting different scrap yards finding material. My cheap bandsaw broke halfway through making the frame, so I had to cut everything with and angle grinder and cut off wheels. It's amazing what you can do with one of those.

Comment

Nicely done. Kudos...
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                              X