My GOSM Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GOSM Mod

I have the smaller version of the GOSM. Fitting stuff in it is a challenge sometimes. They only have four racks, and no way to move them around. Fixed rails leave no options.

A while back, I found a deal on racks at Gander Mountain. They were made by Smoke Hollow, but they were the right size. I bought 8 of them. Wasn't sure what the brackets were for that came with them, until I looked at one of their units. I called Smoke Hollow and they were kind enough to send me a set of rails and hardware.

Now I have all sorts of options.

S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

i like options and mods nice looking work
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRay View Post
      If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green
      C'mon man, ya cant quote Red Green and then do a mod with out Duct Tape!
      Pretty sweet mod though
      Brian
      http://www.youtube.com/user/btjohnson83
      You can follow me on twitter at
      http://www.twitter.com/btjohnson83

CGSP w/ mods
      38" Smoke Hollow/early fathers day gift, yay!
      wally world kettle grill

Comment

Originally posted by smokin365 View Post
        Pretty sweet mod though
        LMAO !!!!!!!!!!! nice job
        Mike
        Smokin' in Fla
        Go Gators
        My toys
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokin365 View Post
          Pretty sweet mod though

How do you think I held it in place as I drilled the holes? Lol.
          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

RG would be proud!
            Brian
            http://www.youtube.com/user/btjohnson83
            You can follow me on twitter at
            http://www.twitter.com/btjohnson83

CGSP w/ mods
            38" Smoke Hollow/early fathers day gift, yay!
            wally world kettle grill

Comment

Great mod. I really like that idea. I haven't needed the extra room as yet, but it would be nice to know that you can re-arrange the shelves. It looks like those would work in the Smoke Vault also.
              sigpic
              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Fair mount a that smoke hollow stuff works in the GOSM's, I used there sausage lazy susan, couple a mods an works great!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
                  Fair mount a that smoke hollow stuff works in the GOSM's, I used there sausage lazy susan, couple a mods an works great!

Yep, and the folks over at Smoke Hollow are great to deal with too. If anyone needs parts, PM me I'll tell you how to get ahold of them. If I hadn't bought the GOSM, I would have bought theirs. AT the time, I needed a smoker. I didn't do any research, just bought one that was convenient and cheaply priced. I had no idea I would be using as much as I have.

I looked at the lazy susan, but I've got another idea. Dad and I were bouncing it around. I'll post that mod when I get it finished. Will be done before hunting season. After the guys tasted the summer sausage I made, I have a feeling the smoker is going to be busy this fall.

Trav, I think you have the bigger GOSM, correct? Does yours still have the fixed shelves? If so, we had a mod planned for that as well. It will allow you to hang them from dowels and easily remove it too. If anyone else is interested, I can draw it up and post it.
                  S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

I looked at the lazy susan, but I've got another idea. Dad and I were bouncing it around. I'll post that mod when I get it finished. Will be done before hunting season. After the guys tasted the summer sausage I made, I have a feeling the smoker is going to be busy this fall.

i would like to see your ideas on the lazy susan i just hang mine off of rack i move to the top of smoker.
                    Terry here
                    Still have Christene

Comment

PERFECT! That's gonna be a jerky makin' MACHINE, buddy!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        PERFECT! That's gonna be a jerky makin' MACHINE, buddy!
                        That is exactly one of the reasons I did it.
                        S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        UniFlame Gas Grill
                        Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by morkdach View Post

i would like to see your ideas on the lazy susan i just hang mine off of rack i move to the top of smoker.
                          I hung mine off of the rack the first time. I want to be able to use wooden dowels. I'm hoping to hang 25 lbs. batches at a time.

The original idea was something like this:

Just a quick drawing, you get the idea. It would drop into the existing rails and easily removed. The new idea is similar, but will use pegboard hardware to drop into the holes in the new rails. Hope that helps.
                          S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          UniFlame Gas Grill
                          Lil Chief

Comment

Working...
                          X