Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH jerky seasoning

First off I need to aplogize to Rich for not getting this done sooner
    that being said,today a I made a ground venison jerky using the MH jerky test package Rich sent me

weight out 5# of venny

seasooned it up

gave it a couple of grinds, don't know what happened to the pic
    then put it in the fridg

ready for the pitt

into the smoke

brought up to 155 took it out and let it cool then sliced a few pieces for a taste

The seasoning has a very nice mild flavor not to salty and not to sweet.
    I wish I would have ground it with the smaller plate and I should have put another pan with a weight on it to press it better,I think it may fall apart when I slice it all up and if it does well then there will be a fattie post in my future all and all I give MH jerky seasoning a
    sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
    members mark upright propane smoker
    kingsford bbq
    23"weber kettle

Jimh, looks good regardless and points for that. Now lets fix your weather sig ehh... Jerky is on the list so the ideas have allowed me to take a few notes.

Comment

Looks like a nice cure on it Jim. Yeah, I din't make it to break any barriers- I wanted something every and anyone would be OK with. Once you get that as a known...feel free to muck about with additions
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

This looks awesome Jim ...... Nice idea on the ground jerky worthy, but I am out.... On re-load

Oh, did Rich travel with the cure package to help with the photo shoot

[QUOTE=Jimh;209815]
        sigpic

Comment

Looks great.
          Robert "Barney" Fife

MES40

Comment

Never thought of doing ground jerky like that
            I always press into a flat sheet. A big chunk for slicing would make a very different product. Going to have to try it - nice one
            So do you give it extra drying after slicing or leave it as it is ?

But if you want it to hold together better - one coarse grind and serious mixing will do better than lots of medium/fine grinds. Or use some sort of binder.

Haven't tried rich's jerky cure yet - but I do have some it tastes pretty good, and it will get tried :-)
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
            X