Want to go BIG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to go BIG?

Tillamook sets in mountain rimmed Valley along the Oregon Coast.

Smoked Meats & Sausage Factory
    Tillamook, Oregon (Tillamook County)
    Mfg. - Food and Kindred Products | Retail - Miscellaneous Retail

Asking Price $1,035,000 Inventory $15,000**
    Gross Income $241,001 Real Estate 850000*
    Cash Flow $45,957 Year Established 1990
    FF&E $150,000* Employees 4
    * included in the asking price
    ** not included in the asking price
    This well known retail/wholesale business, on the beautiful Oregon Coast, has been established for over 19 years. The products are smoked, stuffed and packaged on premise. The products ae sold in a small retail area. The business enjoys a healthy custom processing clientele. The product line consists of summer sausage, jerky, beef sticks, links, etc., and theirm smoked salmon products have become one of their signature products. Gift packs are also a profit center. During the winter months they employ one FT and two PT employees and during peak season (July to December) they add one PT to the staff.

Facilities: The Building is 4,074 Square Feet with the Land of 49,658 square feet - well built multi-purpose, USA Certified building. Large lot with additional development opportunities. Can be devided. Zone: C - Commercial.

Competition: None in the area.

Growth/Expansion: The company has incredible upside for a marketing and sales buyer. Route sales, private labeling and wholesale business are just a few of the opportunities for a new buyer.

Support/Training: Seller will train,
    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Right down the street from the cheese factory, if I remember right. I know I can get the beef sticks and jerky here in MN, so the distribution area is pretty substantial.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Right down the street from the cheese factory, if I remember right. I know I can get the beef sticks and jerky here in MN, so the distribution area is pretty substantial.
      I was surprised by the "small retail area" quote also.

Smoked cheese should be on their menu for sure!
      "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Kinda makes ya wonder why they are offing it eh. I think that stuff makes it here to MI too.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

All around Olympia also.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Kinda makes ya wonder why they are offing it eh. I think that stuff makes it here to MI too.
            To answer my own query: Probably the same reason I tell folks they are nuts when they tell me to get a USDA butcher shop going. People ain't paying for "expensive" stuff.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

A local fishing friend went the USDA route about 10 years or so ago and his stuff is all over the stores that I have ssen within 100+- miles of his smokehouse..... Spendy stuff though.... I don't buy it unless I'm in his store so we can BS if he's in..... Johnsons Smokehouse (you reading Ron?... Lower your pices!!...lol)
              sigpic

Comment

You go the USDA route, you get 40 hours/week of inspection included with your license. And you can ship interstate. With USDA, you are a manufacturer, and fall under GMP's, rather than food code, which means no nsf requirements for equipment, different rules for facility construction, among other things.
                Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
                  You go the USDA route, you get 40 hours/week of inspection included with your license. And you can ship interstate. With USDA, you are a manufacturer, and fall under GMP's, rather than food code, which means no nsf requirements for equipment, different rules for facility construction, among other things.
                  Yeah, he did mention it being a lot different than just selling out of his store. Not sure where all he sells? .... I would like to get a tour & take pictures to post here, but I think I would have to put on the white suit.... Hopefully, the one without the arm straps that tie....
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X