Fiesty Creamed Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesty Creamed Corn

Here's something I've been playing around with. I had something called "Angry Creamed Corn". After some searching, Stouffers makes it. No, I could not find a recipe.

So.....I set out to make my own. After several attempts, It's close. The original had fire roasted corn in it. I had to settle for frozen until the corn season is here. That will add a whole 'nother dimension to the flavor. I usually wing it but wrote things down so I could share with you folks.

Thought I'd throw this out there for other's feedback. Might make it for the party next weekend. Gives the vegetarians something more to eat. Lol. Tempted to smoke it, but not sure yet. Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome.

2 Tsp. butter
    4 cups corn
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
    1 diced jalapeno ( remove seeds for less heat)
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    3 - 4 dashes Tabasco
    1 cup heavy cream

Melt the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and salt for a few minutes. Add corn, bell pepper and Tabasco. Cook, stirring, until soft. About 10 minutes. Add the cream, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Uncover and cook until desired consistency.

For those who like it hotter leave the jalapeno seeds in and/or add more Tabasco.

For those on a low salt diet, use unsalted butter and omit the salt.

For those on a diet and/or lactose intolerant omit the cream. I have tasted it many times at this stage and would make a nice dish as it is. Just cook it until veggies are done to your liking.

S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

Now this be lookin Tasty! Man this is on the gig list!
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Now that sounds very good! I gotta make this one. Not a creamed corn fan so I'll leave the cream part out, but the rest sounds great.

sigpic
      Brinkman SnP-w/mods
      ECB
      GOSM
      MES for sticks and sausage
      30 yr old Weber Kettle
      Brinkman gasser

Comment

Looks intriguing.. I may have to give this a shot and hit it for 4-5 seconds with a hand blender...
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          Looks intriguing.. I may have to give this a shot and hit it for 4-5 seconds with a hand blender...

Hmm, that just might be the trick. The original was creamier. I'll get it yet.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

GOSM Propane
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Since I grow most of the ingredients in the garden, I will have to give it a try and maybe add some diced maters. It does sound like a winner.

Comment

Interesting...

You could probably add a teaspoon of corn starch mixed in a bit of cool water to make a lighter/non-lactose sauce.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Interesting...

You could probably add a teaspoon of corn starch mixed in a bit of cool water to make a lighter/non-lactose sauce.

Yes sir, hitting it with a hand blender will help add some natural starch and sugars into it...
                Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks. I knew if I threw it out there I'd get some good suggestions. I can't wait for some fresh corn this summer. Roast some on the grill first. It'll give it a flavor you just can't do with the frozen.
                  S-M Misfit #16

GOSM Propane
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Burp...& Bump!....Good stuff....just had some wit some roast beef & mashed taters!
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      Burp...& Bump!....Good stuff....just had some wit some roast beef & mashed taters!
                      Hehehe... another quality test on a recipe... Keep in it Mike! (I'm not sure what that means, but he says it alot )
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Full Throttle Cat Daddy!!!!! ......
                        sigpic

Comment

looks really really great RRay!!! say, didnt you do a spin on this at the gathering year b4 last??? looks like a side that needs to be done. thks for sharing bro!!!
                          Charbroil SFB
                          GOSM
                          MES
                          Dutch Ovens and other CI
                          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Shoot Yeah! The ingredients and the photo both have great appeal. I say it is a must try, 'round here. Keep in the gas Double R.
                            Just wanted to add one of Mikey's sig lines too
                            Thank you for sharing this
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Maybe a little chili powder and parm cheese?
                              sigpic

GOSM/propane
                              UDS (Cam)/lump
                              22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                              Weber Genesis/propane
                              Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Working...
                              X