Leg of Lamb on the Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg of Lamb on the Weber

As you all probably know, my camera took a crap and I lost the pictures of the whole process of this cook, so I'll try to 'splain it the best I can.

I started out with a semi-boneless leg, a little over 5 pounds. I trimmed it up a bit, then I mixed up a marinade (see below) and let it get happy for about 6 to 7 hours (overnight would have been better...).

I fired up the Weber Performer with lump and pecan chunks, offset to one side. I placed a 1/2 size aluminum pan with about an inch of water under the lamb. Once the temp settled in at 350-375, I placed the lamb over the pan and let it do its thing, flipping it once. When the internal got to 130, I removed it from the grates, covered it and let it sit for about 20 minutes.

Also, I had coated two Yukon golden potatoes with EVOO, CBP, and salt, foiled them, and had them next to the coals while the lamb was cooking. Then, while the lamb was resting, I placed some asparagus on the grates, seasoned with EVOO and Mad Hunky, and kept turning them until done.

Everything was freakin' awesome! Sure wish I had pix...

Marinade Recipe:

1/2 cup orange juice
    1 cup dry white wine
    2 tbs olive oil
    4 cloves minced garlic
    1 tbs dried rosemary (less if using fresh)
    1 tbs dried thyme (less if using fresh)
    1 tsp CBP
    1 tsp kosher salt
    2 scallions - chopped

Mix in a food processor until thoroughly mixed. Place lamb in a zip-loc bag and pour mixture over it. Knead the bag, rubbing the mix into the meat, and forcing the air out. Seal and place overnight in the fridge, turning the bag periodically.

Last edited by HawgHeaven; 04-26-2011, 09:43 AM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Pics or not it sounds great Hawg.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Pop-Pop, that sounds wonderful
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        Lord, I ask for forgiveness for posting this picture.....

I would have expected nothing less, Scott ol' buddy...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
          I would have expected nothing less, Scott ol' buddy...
          Damn, you got me first..... I was slow on me edit today.....
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds real good pop-pop.....I looked and looked for bargains on legs this year....I bought 6 legs before easter last year at 99 cent pound...Cheapest i found this year was 3.49 a pound.....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
              Sounds real good pop-pop.....I looked and looked for bargains on legs this year....I bought 6 legs before easter last year at 99 cent pound...Cheapest i found this year was 3.49 a pound.....
              True dat... they were outrageous this year!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Do sound good p3!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Sounds awesome P³. I'm thinking repeat performance complete with make up pics...sounds good enough to do over.
                  BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                  Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                  I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                    Sounds awesome P³. I'm thinking repeat performance complete with make up pics...sounds good enough to do over.
                    Dana, there will definitely be a do over fo' damn shur!!

Thanks everyone for the kudos and points, although there were no pix. You guys rock!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                    X