• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Another Order For 2 Pastramies

My antique Rival is not cutting it.

Any suggestions.

Brother Erain suggested a 9' Weston.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I found it on Amazon for around 100 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Weston-61-0901-W-Heavy-9-Inch-Slicer/dp/B000T3KY5Y

Anybody got this?

Thanks.
    sigpic

I ain't never tried that one, tried similar units in the 100 dollar range an they just didn't work fer me, last one died in exactly 5 minutes. Now if erain be usin it, it could very well be a good en! I trust what he says.

I'm spoiled, got my commercial unit an nothin else comes close, I do realize not everone can afford a commercial unit, but ifin ya ever get the opportunity ta buy one, there well worth the investment!

Sounds like yer business is a pickin up ron! Good luck!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tip I know how ya feel. I had a Globe fully automatic at the restaurant. It was great.
      sigpic

Comment

don't get that one - it looks identical to the one I have.
        2 main problems:
        1) underpowered - you have to nurse it a lot
        2) the blade is not held rigid, so slices can vary in thickness. Haven't figured a mod to stop this yet.
        pic of mine below - you'll see what I mean. These things are flooding the market under a dozen different brands. Like I say okay for a cheap little home unit. But no good for any kind of commercial application.

It'll do until I can afford something better. I'm not slicing that often. But for your new enterprise - no good at all.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-30-2009, 06:50 AM.
        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Ron hit ebay and craigs list for a used commercial model. I got three off those listings and use them constantly. I can usually get them for under $300 and I just put a new blade on them for another $150 and slice bacon like a mad man!
          Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
            don't get that one - it looks identical to the one I have.
            2 main problems:
            1) underpowered - you have to nurse it a lot
            2) the blade is not held rigid, so slices can vary in thickness. Haven't figured a mod to stop this yet.
            pic of mine below - you'll see what I mean. These things are flooding the market under a dozen different brands. Like I say okay for a cheap little home unit. But no good for any kind of commercial application.

It'll do until I can afford something better. I'm not slicing that often. But for your new enterprise - no good at all.
            Thanks for the heads up.

Originally posted by bbally View Post
            Ron hit ebay and craigs list for a used commercial model. I got three off those listings and use them constantly. I can usually get them for under $300 and I just put a new blade on them for another $150 and slice bacon like a mad man!
            Thanks Bob, that's more than I care to spend, plus don't have the space to store one of those monsters. If I had something going that would be a different story.
            sigpic

Comment

Bob I did a search on Craigs List. I think it has your name on it.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/for/1094678005.html
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X