Just ordered another Lang 60 Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered another Lang 60 Deluxe

Talked to ben yesterday. seems he is upgrading things along with some pretty substantial price increase.
    and his grates he said are made from SS now

ordered a 60 deluxe for my bud. going up north close to the cheese hawgs.
    Ben was real nice he gave the old price to us. and shipping from Ga to Wi.
    that one is going to get a work out.

I need to take my lang 84 over to my Bud who has a welding shop. going to have him reverse engineer it. and we are going to do what I think will be improvements to it. and build another one for up at the hunting lodge that he owns. thinking a propane assist since it can be in the teens and even negative temps there. they have some good cast iron burners for plumbers pots ect. that should work well. just have to guard it from ash ect. that will not be a problem. than some areas will be a little larger. and the doors will open closer to the fire box area instead of the center. do not want to make them longer. to much weight. any way should be fun.
    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

What about just having a quick-connect thing set up for a gas jet in the firebox...no "burner" per-say. Kinda like a weed burner thingie.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      What about just having a quick-connect thing set up for a gas jet in the firebox...no "burner" per-say. Kinda like a weed burner thingie.
      am contemplating that idea also. But as a means to start the lang I have always used a weed burner. so dang fast. and the wood here is so dry (very dry here. and no relief in site).
      But since most of it's use will be during hunting season at high elevations. an added heat source may be needed. and I though a piped in burner of cast iron are something better might be the ticket. using a small flame along with the fuel wood burning might aide in temps being a little more stable in a cold enviroment.
      I have noticed my 84 in the winter here needs way more fuel to keep her happy and hot. and I found a bunch of mesquite the other day and did some ribs with it. Now that mesquite is hot and seems to burn a lot differnt then other woods that I use. It stays coal and does not go to ash as fast as the pecan or the oak. I have to be carefull and get the dampers way down for it.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

That is a pretty machine. I had to google it. Found a nice demo on the Lang-48 deluxe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPCj...eature=related

Comment

Another Lang, did I forget to mention - BRAT!
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Love the Langs. Hope yours continues to be good to you and your buds also.

SS grate are a nice upgrade. Meadow Creek does that too.

Comment

Kewl beans Yote... Did you ask Ben if he and his boys took some welding class's in since the last one you bought??
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                T
                I need to take my lang 84 over to my Bud who has a welding shop. going to have him reverse engineer it. and we are going to do what I think will be improvements to it. and build another one for up at the hunting lodge that he owns. thinking a propane assist since it can be in the teens and even negative temps there. they have some good cast iron burners for plumbers pots ect. that should work well. just have to guard it from ash ect. that will not be a problem. than some areas will be a little larger. and the doors will open closer to the fire box area instead of the center. do not want to make them longer. to much weight. any way should be fun.
                Why do you need to do that much work on something that is that expensive to to start with? Sorry just me, I don't get it!

I understand the cold stuff!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Why do you need to do that much work on something that is that expensive to to start with? Sorry just me, I don't get it!

Altitude...Lived there...Flea Bag Yote Cat Daddy is right!
                  Sunset Eagle Aviation
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Duh - Oh... Oh yea ....I remember that!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the new burner......
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post

markR

I am making another lang 84 deluxe here at my buds welding shop. we are going to copy mine. there will be two lang 84s now. And I want it made a little differnt then the one Lang makes.sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          Kewl beans Yote... Did you ask Ben if he and his boys took some welding class's in since the last one you bought??
                          I talked alot to him about the quality of craftsmanship. the new video on the 48 shows a lot better work and attention to detail. must of had it made in china

Comment

Ur still a brat!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
                              I talked alot to him about the quality of craftsmanship. the new video on the 48 shows a lot better work and attention to detail. must of had it made in china

Thats good to read... Nothing pains me more than paying top dollar for something and getting half ass workmanship..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Working...
                              X