Middletown BBQ Cook-off - May 20-21 - Middletown, DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middletown BBQ Cook-off - May 20-21 - Middletown, DE

Here we go folks... Hawg Heaven's first comp of the season, and with the NEW BUS!! Well, not really new, butt new to us.

Gonna be a busy rest of this week and next week... gotta get a temp tag and insurance for the beast tomorrow, then going to pick up the RV on Friday morn. Then, it's de-cat hair it... the PO's have cats and Mrs. Hawg is very allergic. Plan on getting everything loaded during next week, then take off bright and early Friday morn.

I still gotta go shopping for me meats somewhere in the mix...

If anyone is in the area, stop by and say "Hi!", and sample some not yet award winning Q!

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by HawgHeaven; 05-11-2011, 03:54 PM.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

You can count on me being there sometime on Saturday, will definitely be looking to meet you.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
      it's de-cat hair it... the PO's have cats and Mrs. Hawg is very allergic. ..
      She seemed like the BLACK CAT though.....

Look forward again to having a great time competing and hanging out with you and wife Phil.........

See you in two........

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinOutBack View Post
        You can count on me being there sometime on Saturday, will definitely be looking to meet you.
        Great!! Looking forward to it!!

Originally posted by ALX View Post
        She seemed like the BLACK CAT though.....

Look forward again to having a great time competing and hanging out with you and wife Phil.........

See you in two........
        Ditto ALX, can't wait!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Great!! Looking forward to it!!

Ditto ALX, can't wait!!
          Make no mistake, I'll be looking for that ALX character as well.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Hope I can make it, depends.
            Might have some crazy All American Mormon Business to take care of
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
              Hope I can make it, depends.
              Might have some crazy All American Mormon Business to take care of
              Heck Jim....The organizer is a nice mennonite fella....Bring the Mormons with you....It could get interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                Heck Jim....The organizer is a nice mennonite fella....Bring the Mormons with you....It could get interesting....
                Imagine that, a bunch of "ShAmish" and buncha Mormons battling it out and trying to convert each other.

I'm staying out of that one.

sigpic

Comment

Imagine that, a bunch of "ShAmish" and buncha Mormons battling it out and trying to convert each other.

I'm staying out of that one.
                  Throw a couple Jehovah's Witnesses in the mix and you could sell tickets...

Comment

Good Lord... cat hair. WTF. It was EVERYWHERE. Why in the freakin world would anyone take a freakin cat CAMPING?!! What a mess, butt it is done. Hopefully, the turn in boxes won't have any extra fur in them...

Couple more days...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Good Lord... cat hair. WTF. It was EVERYWHERE. Why in the freakin world would anyone take a freakin cat CAMPING?!! What a mess, butt it is done. Hopefully, the turn in boxes won't have any extra fur in them...

Couple more days...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                        @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Jimbo, you just ain't fuckin right... Luv ya man!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Didn't want to hijack phils thread and wasnt going to even post anything on this competition,but phil started a thread congratulating our team winning and a few folks wanted to see the trophys...

This is not a knock on ANYONE,but i am finding it more and more irrelevant doing threads win or lose on what is just a comp/game and the banter surrounding it...

Won 2,000 bucks and accomplished our goal of going back to Jack Daniels Invitational with an automatic draw for winning again...

My camera is about finished,but best i could do....

Trophy for Grand Championship is 5 feet tall like last years...Middle trophy for first in ribs and third is second in chicken(we actualy tied for first,but computer picks winner or something....

End of competition story...Back to what brought me here in the first place...

Comment

You're too modest, you don't win consecutive GC's by being lucky. I'm glad I had a chance to get there and see what this stuff is all about. It was also great meeting you and your team, and Phil, and having a chance to talk to you guys for a couple of minutes.
                              Make no mistake people, 2 class acts, Alx and Haug Heaven. Put your hands together!

sigpic
                              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X