I made SuperV's Rice Pudding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made SuperV's Rice Pudding

Well I Finally have gotten around to makeing SuperV's rice pudding recipe today.

Here is the link to his recipe.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...t=rice+pudding

It was tip that brought up old gradma recipes that were passed down and we remembered eating as a youth. I had replied about my grandmas recipe for rice pudding and how I thought it was missing something, (her secret ) and Mr. Velek was kind enough to post this passed down recipe for rice pudding. I didn't have the berries as the recipe called for so, added 1/2 cup of raisins and sprinkled with cinnamon and fresh grated nutmeg before bakeing.

Here it is before tossing in the oven.

Right after it come's out of the oven.

And served.

I had a problem with bakeing because as per instructions, the recipe say's to bake at 285* for 2 hours or until an instrument insert comes out clean. Mine was in for 2 1/2 hours and still wet inside, I brought in my digi and placed it in the oven and it was within a couple degrees but did fluctuate about 15 degrees. So I cranked up the oven to 350 for 40 more minutes, and all was well. This is a great recipe and I like the added 12 oz. of evaporated milk. It is alot like my grandmas recipe, a custard like consistency. Thanks V..........................................LEE

Lee that looks like a winner!
    Yummy! I am going to have to try that! Mr V-Man is a wealth of yummy recipes!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

I haven't had rice pudding in forever. From the looks of that, I'll be trying this one.
      sigpic
      Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yes he is. Them tailgaters are some of the best cooks.

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
        Lee that looks like a winner!
        Yummy! I am going to have to try that! Mr V-Man is a wealth of yummy recipes!

Comment

Great looking pudding Lee! Thanks to you and Mr V for posting this. I'm gonna give it a try.
          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well I just added that to the do gig! Nice job! Looks tasty!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Lee
              I apologize it didn't cook properly for you.
              I use a Bowl and I'd think using a "flatter" dish like that would even cook it more evenly.
              That recipe is from my Swedish Grandma.
              We LOVE it.
              LOTS of nice custard on top.
              We like to put lingonberries on top. It is a nice addidtion, but they're hard to find.
              I think it was "vlap"? who suggested currants. Nice substitution in my book.
              Use a currant type jelly as the lingonberries we use have a "cranberry sauce" type of consistency to them.

Thanks for trying Lee. I hope you enjoyed and will make again.

Comment

LOL, That was me that suggested the currants. But I was just bored and wanted to cook something and didn't run out to the store. ( 40 min. round trip ) and chances are I wouldn't find any currants. But I did have another thought on this. The only milk that the wife buy's is 1/2%. Now, since this is a handed down recipe I know damn well there was no such thing as 1/2 % back then, which would make a difference. I will make this again and use a shallower dish and buy a small carton of whole milk. Thanks again. And no need for an apology, it was great.

Originally posted by supervman View Post
                Lee
                I apologize it didn't cook properly for you.
                I use a Bowl and I'd think using a "flatter" dish like that would even cook it more evenly.
                That recipe is from my Swedish Grandma.
                We LOVE it.
                LOTS of nice custard on top.
                We like to put lingonberries on top. It is a nice addidtion, but they're hard to find.
                I think it was "vlap"? who suggested currants. Nice substitution in my book.
                Use a currant type jelly as the lingonberries we use have a "cranberry sauce" type of consistency to them.

Thanks for trying Lee. I hope you enjoyed and will make again.

Comment

OK ... Have made this 3 times in the last week and a half. Needless to say it is a big hit and much easier than my old recipe. This stuff is awesome.
                  First 2 times baked according to recommended times, the 3rd time, had to let it go 35 minutes longer. Same pan, oven, etc. Anyway thanks V!!!
                  Dan
                  AKA "GTL"

Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin"

Weber 22 1/2" Gold
                  3405 GOSM
                  sigpic

Comment

looks great. will have to give the V-man's recipe a try.
                    sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Working...
                    X