Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alx...... You got some competition now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alx...... You got some competition now....

..... NOT!!!!......

Did get me first virgin dig in today on me garden.... 12' x 16' area..... P90X has nothing on 4 hours behind a Craftsman tiller ...... 7 year old Gavin found a TootsieToy Jaguar old car when we were digging the perimeter.... Pretty cool for him.... Anyways, here's the start.... Hope to get some Sh!t in the ground tomorrow (to the morrow)

Here's the TootsieToy Jaguar

See the garden fairy

sigpic

cool find and nice start on the garden!
    sigpic

Comment

4 HOURS for a 12x16 area???? What were you tilling up, a concrete slab?

Comment

Good on ya, Scott! You'll love it... and hate it... and love it... Nice find on that old car. We've found all sorts of things in our garden area - from marbles to old coins.

Can't wait to see what you plant.

Comment

I'm debating if 12' x 16' is big enough????....I have the room to easily double it or more... Any thoughts??? I'm kinda thinking on tilling up some more tomorrow....24' x 32' or close might be better... It would reduce the area I have to mow also..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            I'm debating if 12' x 16' is big enough????....I have the room to easily double it or more... Any thoughts??? I'm kinda thinking on tilling up some more tomorrow....24' x 32' or close might be better... It would reduce the area I have to mow also..
            It's like with a smoker.
            Get the one you think you want and then end up always wishing you had gone bigger.
            Depending on what you're growing and also some plants cannot grow near others but I would say double it if you think you will use the space.
            I give myself 4 1/2' between each tomato plant I grow.
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I dunno sometimes more is better sometimes not......This is the first year in 7 I am not doing a plot and the reason is in the middle of summer at 110 degrs. after work I am not messing with it.....hehe...the retired neighbor will..already took him some plants

You have a good loking area there to work with.

Comment

I wish I had a bigger area, you can't have too many peppers in my world.
                Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Nice start - go bigger!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

No but I think it was a race car track.....
                    Originally posted by MichChef View Post
                    4 HOURS for a 12x16 area???? What were you tilling up, a concrete slab?
                    Jerod
                    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                    sigpic

Comment

Cool Scott...I always say never plant more than ya got time to take care of...Unless weeds is what yer growin that is...
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Size does matter Bigger is better It ain't the size of your garden, it's the size of your 'mater.

Comment

Ya know Scott that's one of the redneck jokes, "You know you're a redneck if you find an old car everytime you mow the yard"
                          JT

Comment

Thats huge man.... You may have to watch that hill to left of garden for run-off into plot......

How much of what are you growing....

Comment

Wanna grow pumpkins also, so thinking I need more room... Got starts of: Zuchinni, Green beans (to send to Rich), 2 kinds of Tomatoes, japs, basil, Poblanos, cucs, green onion. Want to plant Walla Walla's, carrots and maybe???.... I am convinced I need a bigger area. Maybe doubled... I don't see the small slope to the left being a drainage problem, as soil seems to drain good/quick... But I will watch that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X