Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubled Up Crotch Spatch, Ditto on the Ghetto Booties, German Chocolate Cake, Slaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubled Up Crotch Spatch, Ditto on the Ghetto Booties, German Chocolate Cake, Slaw

Well I did get some of my stuff smoked today, I did two butts, two leaping frog spatch-cocked chickens with butter and fresh herbs, my "everything but the kitchen sink" coleslaw, some ford hooks (NOT PICTURED ON A COUNTA RICH) with rice, some stewed apples that tasted like shit so they got no photo op, and my most favorite cake ever - German Chocolate. I didn't want to go nuts with the photos because I usually do and I'm thinking not everybody gives a shit how my mixer works so I reserved the "credit card" shots onnacounta I got no "money".

I smoked two butts using hickory. I decided to try putting them in the small foil pans because I knew I would have to finish them in the electric smoker once I decided to foil them at 165F. I only injected them with roasted garlic infused clarified butter.

They turned out pretty effing good.

I did two chickens in my usual fashion, the leaping frog. I opted for the following fresh herbs from my garden along with garlic and butter - dill, sage, Italian parsley, lemon thyme, rosemary, thai basil. Put all that under the skin. Total yumminess.

My coleslaw was probably the best I've ever made, I used whatever I had in the fridge which consisted of - green and red cabbage, green onions, carrots, broccoli stems, asparagus stems, cucumbers, fresh herbs, then I mixed some Dukes mayo with buttermilk, parm cheese and a tiny bit of sugar. My fave fer sure. This pic is before I put in the dressing.

Then I made this beauty. I used my special Squirrel pecans and fresh grated coconut.

Well, I didn't get to make my special chicken salad today but the hooters are still soaking in the buttermilk so I'll get to that tomorrow. I started my croissant dough Friday, but it got too warm when I was doing the final turn and it was toast. Crap. All that work. But I have made them many times and know that if the dough gets too warm fagettaboutit. Just as well, my apples tasted like ass so will revisit that scene tomorrow. Hugs to all my buddies!!

Nothing better than some cockspatching with a pair of butts. Just as long as it doesn't violate the 2 cockspatch rule.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Love me some of all of that! You deliver?
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Good looking eats, Squirrel. I'd like a big slab of that cake also.
        sigpic
        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Awesome Squirrel. Love the color on them butts. Hell, I love everything here
          https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
            ... Just as well, my apples tasted like ass so will revisit that scene tomorrow. Hugs to all my buddies!!
            Hmmmm, I wonder how you know that... I love assples...

Great looking foodage darlin'!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Best title of the year!.... Everything looks awesome..... Let's have kids!..... Oh yeah, you hate kids...... Let the UPS guy outta da crawl space please, he bringin me da Hunky..... POINTS coming sista, you ROCK!!
              sigpic

Comment

Man beautiful barq on those butts! Impressive!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

all around - I'd hit that cake in a second along with about half a gallon of ice cold milk.

Froggy cocked chickens... huh... ya don't say.. never did see that before - very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                    Best title of the year!!
                    ditto and the food looks great!
                    sigpic
                    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Awesome your squirrelness. It all is just magnificent........,, most deserving.

Comment

dang Girly!!! beautiful lookin butts there hon... i be all over them... luv that slaw too, i would lke to try that out. of course your signature frogspatched chicken... but then you end it with that cake with the coconut pecan frosting... freking awesome Cheryl!!! i give you on this one hon!!!
                        Charbroil SFB
                        GOSM
                        MES
                        Dutch Ovens and other CI
                        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Looks Great...

I want a piece of cake Please...

Comment

Unchained PASSION.....Squirrel, only on the balance of dwayne
                            South Georgia heat,,,smoking something....
                            Chargrill w/ royaloak lump
                            Mad Hunky droooooling

Comment

The Booties are beautiful and that cake would crotch spatch very nicely in my tummy, yum!
                              --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                              www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X