Clear All

• 2011 McLouth BBQ Blowout

2011 McLouth BBQ Blowout
    KCBS
    NE Kansas Championship
    June 3 & June 4
    McLouth KS

sigpic

Sweeeet! On the way to Mclouth can you still stop at the Perry pub, get the $5 steak and watch the local high school girls smoke cigs and play pool?
    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
      Sweeeet! On the way to Mclouth can you still stop at the Perry pub, get the $5 steak and watch the local high school girls smoke cigs and play pool?
      The steak has gone up, I think it's $10 now. Still play pool, but they keep the younger ones out now. You from around here?
      sigpic

Comment

Looks like he is still stuck in the 60's & 70's Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer-B-Q View Post
          Looks like he is still stuck in the 60's & 70's Dave...
          Maybe so, but ya know, reflecting back on that time, it wasn't all bad. I was born in '61, saw my first real hippy in LA in the summer of '68. We had the space race, nuke fears, hot cars and girls, great music and a war nobody liked except the military industrial complex - they loved it. Not to mention really cheap gas.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
            The steak has gone up, I think it's $10 now. Still play pool, but they keep the younger ones out now. You from around here?
            yup, proud Jayhawk!

Born raised and educated in the great state of Kansas. Still have property in the flint hills. Been bouncin around the last 15 years or so.

All of my familly is there. Get back to Larryville and drnk beer at the Free State Brewery quite often. Even met my girl in there.

"Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy View Post
              yup, proud Jayhawk!

Born raised and educated in the great state of Kansas. Still have property in the flint hills. Been bouncin around the last 15 years or so.

All of my familly is there. Get back to Larryville and drnk beer at the Free State Brewery quite often. Even met my girl in there.

Well, I'll do my best not to hold it against ya for being a frequent guest in Lawrence. We rarely occasionally go down there for one type of business or another. But not if we don't have to. Not to fond of that town. Too many stoplights and idiot drivers. Although, over the next few weeks it will be getting good down there. All the college pukes are moving out and leaving stuff behind, now we just rain free days to go down and cruise the neighborhoods to see what they are getting rid of.

Also, with all this rain the park on the south side of the river is its usual swamp now. Hasn't been any reports this year of that big mountain line running the river bed yet.

But, being a Jayhawk scores ya some serious points with me If nothing else, at least you ain't one of them purple Wildcats.
              sigpic

Comment

so you entering the comp david ?
                Or just going down for the atmosphere and to take lots of pictures for us comp starved members to gawk at :-)
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  so you entering the comp david ?
                  Or just going down for the atmosphere and to take lots of pictures for us comp starved members to gawk at :-)
                  No I won't be entering. I have fallen behind in real life chores due to all the rain and other crud going on. Plus, with the economy down like it is, I hope to have a house to pop up one of those days, so I am also keeping myself open for that. You have to have earned money before you can have play money. I'll go up for an hour or so and get some pic's and also be there for the awards announcements. I know all almost all of the big name competitors there. Lots of folks go to this one. Low entry fee, well choreographed event, great location, decent prizes and a lot of competitors with experience at the American Royal and Jack Daniels events.

Plus, on a lesser note and one that keeps me from competing is that I don't get along very well with the organizers. A few of them are neighbors of mine and at least one in a way is a competitor of mine. Such is life.

Regardless, next year I will be competing in it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X