Any Old Smokey users here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Old Smokey users here??

Just bought an Old Smokey 18. Got it mainly for grilling, but was wondering how it'd do for smoking.. Anybody used them before?

Pork Fat Rules!!!

Never met a kettle that couldn't be used as a smoker. Lot's of folks here can and do smoke with a kettle. Just use indirect heat, foil or soak your chips or chunks of wood. Do a search on Scott's(fishawn's) threads for weber smokes. He da master. Couple other folk here do it too(myself included) but Scott has some really good threads.
    JT

Comment

i concur... i have never seen one, or heard of one, let alone used one, but i can see some serious potential there. might be a little diffucult due to the diameter, but i bet it could make a damn good bird, fattie, or possibly even a butt. might be a little difficult for the longer smokes (like the butt for example) if you need to add more charcoal, but if you can get your air flow under control, i don't see why it couldn't function like a mini-drum.

Later,
      Andy
      Current babies:
      -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
      -RichTee's Lang :)
      Former Lineup:
      -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
      -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
      -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
      -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
      BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

1st of all
        That's a cool lookin little bugger. How do you control the air intake? Is that thing galvanized?
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I use my weber 18.5 to smoke chuck roasts and some smaller batches of chicken. I think the kettles(no matter what brand) are great for that. I recently posted in the beef section about a chucker I did on the weber.

Comment

Working...
          X