Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiced Apple Pie

WARNING*WARNING*WARNING

Apple pie is very smooth and its easy to drink......allot. It WILL set you on your ass if you drink too much

1/2 Gal Apple Juice
    1/2 Gal Apple Cider
    4 Cinnamon Sticks
    1 C. Sugar
    1/2 C. Brown Sugar
    1 Whole Nutmeg nut quartered
    10 Whole Allspice Berries

Bring to a boil, simmer for 30 minutes.
    Chill and add 1/2 of a 1 liter bottle of Everclear.
    I strained everything thru a dishcloth prior to putting in mason jars to filter any small spice particles out.

Last edited by Meat Hunter; 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM.
    https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

That's close to the way I make it, I double the recipe

GOSM
    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
    Digital Thermometers
    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Ahh yes, the king of moderation drink!
      --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
      www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Damn... I bet that is gooood..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

LOL, now i get the part about bein in the know!!! sounds good and i think i that ingredient wont be a prollem... thks for sharing man!!!
          Charbroil SFB
          GOSM
          MES
          Dutch Ovens and other CI
          Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
          Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

For some reason I expected there to be some booze in the drink, can easily fix that though

Saving this for some sippin come Fall.
            There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
              WARNING*WARNING*WARNING

Chill and add 1/2 bottle of Everclear.

Does Vodka work as a substitute for the everclear?

Comment

How long would this be good for? and do you need to refrigerate it?
                Jerod
                GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                sigpic

Comment

Recipe sounds Great Todd...

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                  For some reason I expected there to be some booze in the drink, can easily fix that though

Saving this for some sippin come Fall.
                  Hey Jim, Do you have any idea what Everclear IS? If not DO NOT LIGHT A MATCH AROUND IT... as it will lend a whole new meaning to "Come On Baby Light My Fire"...

Comment

Great sounding recipe! That Everclear be some mighty wild stuff. We use to make this stuff called Purple Jeezus back in the day that used it. For some reason I always wound up nekid in the the shrubbery. Weren't too fond of making out with the Prickly Pear, but I was quite fond of the Holly Bush.
                    Last edited by Squirrel; 05-30-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire it up View Post
                      Surely you misread Jim Everclear baby. Rumor has it some Nascar dirvers burn in their tanks

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                      Does Vodka work as a substitute for the everclear?
                      I don't think that it would as vodka has a specific flavor profile whereas Everclear does not. Cut that recipe in half and try it with 1/4 of a liter of everclear. That way if you don't care for it, you won't be out allot of money. But if you make it like its stated, I think you will love it

Originally posted by GOT14U View Post
                      How long would this be good for? and do you need to refrigerate it?
                      I think with the amount of Everclear, it would be good forever LOL. I don't believe you need to store in the fridge, but I do. Like it ICE COLD!
                      Last edited by Meat Hunter; 05-30-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                        Great sounding recipie! That Everclear be some mighty wild stuff. We use to make this stuff called Purple Jeezus back in the day that used it.
                        PUrple Jesus sounds like the trash can punch we did back in the day. It could be considered today's equivalent of the small town flash party. Word would go out, and people would all show up at (love where we used to party)..the hay bales, the sand dunes, The River, Dirt Hill, or any of the other out of the way party spots. Your entrance fee was something to put in a big container (usually a clean or new bucket or trash can)...a gallon of punch, a frozen concentrate of lemonade, a pint of vodka or gin or 5th of everclear...whatever. Party was on! Bunch of backwoods party animals cutting loose.

Hey Todd, 1/2 of what size bottle of everclear?
                        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

Hey Todd, 1/2 of what size bottle of everclear?
                          Oh shit, I guess that would be important to know huh
                          One half of a 1 liter bottle.
                          Will amend the recipe, thanks Dana.
                          Good thing you mentioned it or you'd have people like Fishawn adding the 2 1/2 Gallon economy bottle to the mix.

Comment

Thanks for the recipe, MH! Ever tried using the plastic cider and apple juice bottles to store the final product in? Might be a little more durable than glass when moving around icefishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Que-ball View Post
                              Thanks for the recipe, MH! Ever tried using the plastic cider and apple juice bottles to store the final product in? Might be a little more durable than glass when moving around icefishing.
                              Ahh, touche BQ. Something tells me if I brought this stuff out icefishing, someone would find me face down in a icehole

Seriously, you right. Will for sure have to bring a batch of this fishing this Winter. Ya know, for medicinal purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X