Peanut butter & Nutella Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut butter & Nutella Cookies

My car had it's annual mot and patch up wednesday and the boys at the garage did their usual bargain job of keeping it on the road for another 12 months.
    We take a lot of cakes round there so I decided to make them some cookies for a change.

Made up this recipe (literally) thursday and popped it round with some of the five spice bacon jerky - Made some happy mechanics !

Peanut Butter & nutella cookies

6 oz self rising flour (or general purpose with 1/2 tsp baking powder)
    3 oz smooth peanut butter (use crunchy if you like)
    2 oz nutella (nope, cheaper brands are no substitute :-)
    3 oz caster sugar (it's fine ground but not as fine as icing sugar - normal granulated will do though)
    1 egg, beaten.

Sift flour into medium size bowl and add all other ingredients.
    Using wooden spoon rough mix till it resembles big bread crumbs.
    Then squish and knead with hands till it forms a ball of firm dough (good one for the kids this).
    roll out on lightly floured surface to about 1/3 - 1/2 inch thick.
    Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes. I did big round and small round.

Place on baking sheet and put into hot oven 400f - near the top.
    Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on size of cookie.
    Remove from oven when the edges of the outside cookies are just turning a darker brown.
    Cool on rack before eating.
    bear in mind cookies don't go crunchy till cooled.
    These should have some crunch on the outside but still have some chew in the centre :-)

You can cram them pretty close together on the baking sheet as the mixture cooks up a little but doesn't flop outwards much.
    1 batch of dough makes about 20 small cookies and about a dozen larger ones.
    It was so quick and easy I made two batches.
    The big ones got munched by the boys at the garage and the small ones went with me to my tai chi class and got munched at home as well :-)
    General consensus is that they are pretty moreish. Also very very easy to make and hard to cock up. Over cook and they'll be real crunchy, under cook and they'll be nice and chewy - win win situation :-)

Anyway thought I'd share :-)
    Attached Files
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

They look and sound great CA! Thanks for the recipe.
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

They do sound good . Thanks CA.

Comment

Okay...sounds good. Now you need to tell what the MOT is, and how you can bribe the inspector/shop like I did with cigars & Jack Daniel's if you Please!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I'll bet like DOT. (Dept. of Trans.)

Oh, and the cookies sound good CA. Just may try it.
          Last edited by RowdyRay; 04-03-2009, 07:37 PM.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

yep figured i'd need to explain mot testing but didn't want to break up the recipe :-)

Ministry Of Transport.
            basically every year every car in the uk has to undergo an mot test for roadworthiness.
            Covers everything from light alignment to cv boots, structural integrity, brakes etc (still don't know what cv boots are but my cars always seem to need them - I am to car maintenance what barrack obama is to plain speaking ;-)

This year i needed 2 new tyres, a corroded brake pipe replacing, new cv boot and a new front headlight bulb (she's ten now, cleared 100,000 miles this year - getting to be an old girl). Complete with the mot test fee (should have been £53 - was actually £30 ;-) it came to £199 all in.
            And if that ain't worth inventing a cookie recipe for the guys - i don't know what is.

Plus they've donated four free Mot tests as raffle prizes for Guide dog day - which is amazingly generous (although i suspect simons just trying to wangle an invite to the evening bbq).
            We hold an open house-garden/coffe&cakes/plantsale/tombola/raffle/sausage-inna-bun (my dept)/ guess the name of the teddy etc every year to raise money to train guide dogs for the blind.
            Loads of friends come round to help and I put on a bbq in the evening for them all. last couple of years the outlaw's been running solid from 11:30 - 20:30
            It's hard work but great fun and we raised nearly £600 last year (on last years exchange rates approx $1200.
            Plus the local rnib representative brought her guide dog round. Pretty cool.

It's as the old adage says: you really do reap what you sow :-)
            Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-04-2009, 06:33 AM.
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

CA - great sounding cookies.

Have to say i used to hate MOT test time. I had a good friend who was an MOT tester for a while. He was a little more lenient on me than others. Although most of my cars were good for a year then they to the scrapyard and i'd buy another with 12 months MOT on it.
              A brit living in the heartland of America ..... and loving it !!

Comment

teeotee - you can call them biscuits ;-) I'll know what you mean lol
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                X