Do the Dew....pork butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Dew....pork butts

Tonight we are having a large family gathering in memory of my grandfather, who passed away a week ago.
    So pulled pork sammies it is. Here are 2- 5# pork butts rubbed last night in mustard and then patted with Wild Willie's number one-derful rub and refrigerated.

Last night I also injected them with some Tullamore Dew... Irish whiskey. In toast of our large Irish family and the heritage we carry on that gramps gave to us. This smoke is also inspired by Kelly/ BBQGODESS, who has done this recently. Slainte! (if it weren't for the buns in the back ground..y'all would probably be askin' questions)....lol

5:30 am this morning ready to go to the smoker. The roasts set on the counter 40 min out of the fridge before I attempted to smoke 'em. The spray bottle is 70/30% apple juice/whiskey.
    I "spray" (for you Richtee) not spritz the roasts hourly throughout the smoke.

Smokin' these roasts over apple with a tad of mesquite. The smoker is in the shop out of the elements, because it is windy as all H*** today! Smoker at 260* at times for the hottest temp.

18 pounds of charcoal down and aprox. 4 hrs. in to the smoke. Internal temp at 165. Shootin' for 195 area then I will foil.
    Thank you for checkin' out my smoke!!
    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Looking good so far. I will be waiting for the finished pics.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Dang sure has my taste bud's interested!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Ry,
        Truly a labor of love my friend!
        Slainte to grandda! Everyone is going to love those tasty butts, even your cuz! Now he can't get on ya about rubbing your butts ;)

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

looks great my friend... sorry to hear about your grandpa...

sigpic

Comment

Looking good! Sorry about grandpa. Bet he'd be proud of you today.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Looks great let's all toast to ol grandad \_/

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Ryan!
                The butts look mighty tasty.
                jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ryan, condolances to you and family on your grandfathers passing. If he ever attended any of Uncle Honky's smokes i bet he honored and be glad something like this smoke goin down in his honor... looking good bud!!!
                  Charbroil SFB
                  GOSM
                  MES
                  Dutch Ovens and other CI
                  Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                  Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Looks good so far Ryan... Condolences to you and your family on the loos of your grandfather...
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

These butts went 10 hours at 230* to 260* over apple chips and a tad bit 'o mesquite, soaked in water. Adding 1 cup of chips every hour. Also spraying the butts with apple juice/ Tullamore Dew whiskey mixture at 70/30% every hour. Came off of my ecb at the internal temp. of 185* foiled, wrapped in towels and into a cooler for an hour before pulling.

pulled apart before heading to Grandma's house with the smoked goods! We put it in a slow cooker/ crock pot and set the temp to keep warm. Worked very well. The butts were a hit. the whiskey simmered down quite a bit and the apple wood was perfect smoke to these roasts. They told me not everyone likes smoked foods These were light smoky flavored.
                      Thank you for checkin' out my smoke!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X