Glazed Peanut Butter Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glazed Peanut Butter Bars

I tried these recently at a friends cook out. His dog just about took the first piece away from me. I think these are very good....and very rich.
    I made this and shared it with friends the other day and it was a big hit with them too.

Dough for bars:

3/4 C. softened butter

3/4 C. creamy peanut butter

3/4 C. each...white sugar and packed brown sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp water

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour

1 1/2 C. Quick Oats

3/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

Glaze for bars:

1 1/4 C. milk chocolate chips

1/2 C. butterscotch chips

1/2 C. creamy peanut butter_______________

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter, and the sugars until light and fluffy. Next beat in the eggs, water, and vanilla.
    Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a separate mixing bowl to mix well and then gradually mix in with the creamed ingredients to mix thoroughly.

Spread this into a 10 x 15 inch lightly greased baking dish or similar size that you have. Then bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

In the meanwhile, in the microwave oven melt the chocolate & butterscotch chips and then add the peanut butter into that and heat a little longer so the mixture can be stirred and mixed well and is smooth
    enough to spread.

When the dough is cooled to the point of being warm, spread the Glaze over them and allow to cool completely before cutting.

This should yield 4 dozen small bars.

The first piece I was given was about the size of my little finger. I wound up giving the dog part of it so I could get a taste of the rest. They go real good with coffee.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Sounds great to me. My weakness is sweets (I'm classified by VA as a diabetic). Thanks for the recipe.
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks for sharing sounds real good

Comment

On for some of that Cat Daddy! Right nice recipe!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Man those do sound good, saving this recipe

GOSM
          K.C.B.S Member # 60786
          Digital Thermometers
          Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
          140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Working...
          X