Just had to try kyote's juice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had to try kyote's juice!

I came across a recipe from Kyote and just had to give it a whirl, cause Me loves me some Bourbon an sweet cherries!

Hickory Smoked Cherry & Bourbon Lemonade

2 quarts lemonade (fresh or from concentrate)

1 cup triple sec or orange curacao

2-3 cups bourbon (to taste)

1 cup smoked cherries

Pour over ice.

just smoke the cherrys till they start to shrivel and dry a little.. the bourbon will rehydrate em.

First off I got some nice sweet cherries washed and loaded them on a clean grate to put in the UDS.

Sorry about the pics---cell phone#%@*!

I popped them into the drum at 9:45 pm after I smoked some beef and pork ribs...didnt want to waste the heat left in the drum!

I used cherry wood at 225* ...checked them at 10:30 pm and thought they were not quite shriviling yet so I left them in till 11:00pm.

Here they are after the 1:15 mins bathing in wild cherry smoke! Sorry first pic here is pretty dark...whoa...and blurry!

Ahhh thats getting better!

So I decided to modify the recipe a little...

instead of just soaking the cherries in the bourbon and triple sec I ran the 3 ingredients through a food processor then strained to get the pits out. Worked pretty good.

I only had 1 cup of bourbon left (Woodfords Reserve--try it you wont be sorry!) so I used 1 cup of that and 1 cup of Triple Sec. It made a nice pulp like slurry that I think will go nicely in the lemonade. Hopefully it will flavor the drink more evenly. I am gonna let this set in the fridge overnight and pick up some simply lemonade from work tomarrow. I think it will be an awesome drink at my nephews grad party saturday!

I'll let ya know how it turns out.

SOB

Oh ...and of course I snitched a couple of cherries before they were processed...pretty good flavor....Really Good Flavor with the alcohol mixed in!

Interesting for sure. Might try something like that. Is the triple second a must have? Bourbon (or vodka ) and smoked cherries sounds great!
    sigpic

Comment

Ya know... I dont know for sure??? I kinda thought the same thing, but the mix of the three is really quite good!
      OK.....Heres a couple pics of the bourbon- triple sec- smoked sweet cherries processed.

I cant wait to try it!

SOB

Comment

I'd be on it...But my Morgan (granddaughter) won'tz let them cherrie's oughta sight...
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

sounds great....I am curious how it comes out
          Jerod
          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X