Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Weber Kettle Red Oak Smoked Chicken Legs/Audio Requests Turn Speakers On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Weber Kettle Red Oak Smoked Chicken Legs/Audio Requests Turn Speakers On

Click on the Pic below

sigpic

Not going to lie that looked pretty tasty(almost as good as mine).

However a 16 year old boy??? No way you cooked enough. And in all seriousness is the brewery up there completely shut down, or is anyone using it for production for example a microbrewery?

Comment

Nice work as always,Scott.Your gettin' pretty handy with the video trip
      sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Forgot to add. I was MOST IMPRESSED with the color you got from the Red Oak. That was lovely!

Comment

lookin' good redoaksmokedsweetbabyray'schickenlegdaddy!
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            Not going to lie that looked pretty tasty(almost as good as mine).

However a 16 year old boy??? No way you cooked enough. And in all seriousness is the brewery up there completely shut down, or is anyone using it for production for example a microbrewery?
            The whole brewery (Olympia Beer) is still for sale as far as I know, big old buildings, about 5 minutes from my house...... Cool setting, but they have been vacant for about 10 years now I wanna say... I have heard there is an offer on the property & buildings that is "pending" but that's about it..... It was "The Place" to work in the 50's - 80's...... Never really liked the beer though...
            sigpic

Comment

Nice video and great lookin legs! Wouldn't mind a few of those.
              Think I might run out today and grab a pack of legs cause now you got me itchin!
              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Any idea what temps you cook at with the Weber? It's gotta be north of 300, eh? Nice stuff, Scott, as usual.

And yes, the modded MH was good on the beef. I need to do a straight steak or a hunk of chuck on the smoker for a better idea tho.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Another nice tutorial, lovin' the videos here. Weber kettles rock!
                  Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                  My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                  @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Never thought I'd tell another man nice looking legs, but nice looking legs

GOSM
                    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                    Digital Thermometers
                    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Nice legs Scott. and man that was some nice reed oak, where did ya get that again?
                      Jerod
                      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                      sigpic

Comment

Whats with PhotoShack and there embed??? Does not recognize the video.. Scott do you have settings blocking the embed link??

Shame on you for not using The BBQ Tube..
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Rich, I would "guess" the 275- 300* range on these.... Full funnel with both vents open about 1/4..... I wanted to put the smoke on em fairly heavy and render the fat out good, so had it turned down..... I will put a probe on the grate next thyme..... We love the "char" here, wonder how others feel about this?
                          sigpic

Comment

nice lookin barbie legs Scott. thks for the props on the char lol!!! you did them up right. sometimes i like to make my own sauces, or i have gotten some pretty good sauces from a few buddies... aside from that i aint afraid to say i go to SBR's quite often meself.
                            Charbroil SFB
                            GOSM
                            MES
                            Dutch Ovens and other CI
                            Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                            Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Scott, you definately have become one with that kettle and do a fine job cooking on it. The legs looked amazing and your videos are fun to watch.
                              Nicely done man!
                              Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                              Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                              Yoder Wichita
                              Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                              Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                              Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Working...