Pacific Porkchops on the Halfshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Porkchops on the Halfshell

Grilled up some Netarts Bay Oystahs this weekend. Used to do gulf oysters this way and would shuck them first. But the bigger Pacific ones are tuff sob's. So we put them on and let them open. Then popem and topem so the butter browns and the cheese melts and gets bubbly. Some grilled spring Walla Walla's, grilled bread and an Ipa to go with them.

These were topped with butter, parsley,parmesian, worchy., La. hot sauce, tony's and a squeeze of lemon. "west bank style"

The conduit pieces help keep them level so the goo don't run out!
    Attached Files
    "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Dang Hippy, those are some monstah oysters!! They look mighty good too!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Just Beautiful Pics Hippy! ...... We are fortunate in the Pacific NW to have this kinda stuff available.... And, to have the folks like you do them justice makes it even better
      sigpic

Comment

Fantastic.... Looks tasty as could be....

Comment

Man...Whip me & Louie up about 2 dozen of em & slide me a Natty!
          Sunset Eagle Aviation
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks guys! 88 you would have a hard time with a dozen of these bad boys. Might need a lot of natty!

Believe it or not these are the mediums. They bring em in fresh picked to the farmers market by our house. The first time we bought them they said you want small medium or large? All the same price. So i said give me the larges wtf? Thats when i came up with pacific pork chops.

The only thing i have come up with for the hugemongous ones is smoking them and making a pate' out of them. Which is killer!

Most people don't want to have to take that second and third bite. The inside blackish green thing i guess?

Here is a large!
            Attached Files
            "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

Those are some different lookin oysters. Only times I've seen oysters that big came from Alabama, almost all white inside and very bland. Those look interesting, shells almost look like abalone. Cool doins, nice care of the product there!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Louie's Dad is a commercial fisherman...we get all kind's of seafood. I'm still thinkin she can handle a dozen!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I guess they differ quite a bit by area eh?..... I typically get Mediums and they are about the size and length of my thumb, or a bit larger. Perfect 1 or 2 biters. The grilled ones on a piece of toasted Garlic bread with Worshy is my favorite sammy. The Kumumotos (sp?) With cocktail sauce, horseradish and Lemon squeeze.. Raw... Is a delight... Oh yeah, slide me a Natty also please.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X