Fridge smoker for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge smoker for sale

as much as it pains me to say it, i think "the meat vault" will be up for sale soon. In anticipation of starting/finishing my massive insulated, RF cabinet smoker, i believe (or at least my wife does) that it is in my best interest (my wife's best interest) to get rid of my baby. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I am willing to deliever it to MI if need be (the inlaws live up there and we typically make a trip at least once per year), or anywhere along the way if need be.

specs:
    - Fully insulated firebox
    - 1/8" plate steel firebox
    - 24 gauge ash pan
    - charcoal basket capable of holding a full bag of charcoal and then some
    - 5 shelves
    - smoke deflector
    - fiberglass rope gasket
    - 4" exhaust with damper
    - 4" high-wind cap (versa cap)
    - 16 gauge damper between fire box and fridge
    - 22"x4" intake (supply register with damper). (this needs to be changed to an 8"x4" register with damper, and i plan on doing this before it's sold)
    - 3 coats of grill paint on the firebox
    - 2 coats of rusty metal primer and 3 coats of gloss black rustoleum paint on the fridge

Pics and other stats are available upon request.

anyway, shoot me an offer if you feel so inclined. I'd like to have it off my hands by this fall if possible.

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

How much are ya asking, and pics would be cool

GOSM
    K.C.B.S Member # 60786
    Digital Thermometers
    Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
    140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Originally posted by northern greenhorn View Post
      How much are ya asking, and pics would be cool
      i don't have any recent pics, so i'll try to get some tonight.

as far as asking price, i'm not sure. i know what i have into it (about $700 worth of materials alone, plus about 40 hours worth of breaking things, fixing them, tweaking, modifying, etc), but i know i'll never make that back out of it. based on the capacity and abilities, I personally don't think $700 would be out of line, especially with "to-your-door" delivery and a "complimentary beer drinking session and break-in smoke" (you know damn well i'd have to show you how to use it and we'd have to do at least a rack of ribs. lol), but that's just me. All in all, i will entertain just about any offer over/around $400-500. That would pay for the steel to make my new smoker, a pack of beer, and a rack of ribs.

like i said, i'll try to get some more pics tonight.

Later,
      Andy
      Current babies:
      -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
      -RichTee's Lang :)
      Former Lineup:
      -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
      -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
      -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
      -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
      BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Here's a pic of this beauty I took at our get together. The fire box is on the left of the fridge. I didn't get a pic of the inside but wutang may have one. Maybe go back and check that thread.

Anyway, here's the pic of Andy's smoker I have.

It's a pretty sweet unit.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
          as much as it pains me to say it, i think "the meat vault" will be up for sale soon. In anticipation of starting/finishing my massive insulated, RF cabinet smoker, i believe (or at least my wife does) that it is in my best interest (my wife's best interest) to get rid of my baby.
          Andy
          Hey Andy, your wife sounds as mean as mine. She is always after me to sell or offload one to somebody. Well, she ain't getting me to offload any more of them. I still have a fridge smoker to complete and 2 kegs to get welded up.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm going to forward this thread to my wife. She does talk about lowering the amount of smokers, but I think deep down she understands the "Right tool for the right job" theory...
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
            X