Old Orchard Beach comp in Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Orchard Beach comp in Maine

June 24-25, I know it's weird being a Friday-Saturday comp, there is a competition at The Old Ballpark at Old Orchard Beach. There is a $7,500 total payout. This comp is in danger of being canceled as only 8 teams, we are one, have signed up. They were hoping for at least 15. Anyone in the area who has a desire to play should check it out and sign up. We will have a cold beer on hand for any misfits who join in. Here is a link. Thanks.

http://smokinbbqmaine.com/

Fri. Sat is normal, wish I wasn't 1100 miles away. Sounds like it should be a great time!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow they might cancel? Is it tied into another event like a fair, or something. Because the link makes it look like there are sponsors. Would be a shame, but you are 3k miles away from the Pacific NW. No way I could get there(as a spectator). It sure does look like fun, and I've always wanted to see Maine. Good luck sir!

Comment

Just looked at the link again. I see they'd cancel the competition, but not the Hot Air Balloon festival. And only in Maine would they have a Lobster category at a BBQ comp

Comment

Chit that's just not right they cancel the real fun for a bunch of HOT AIR! Sorry I couldn't help.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
            Fri. Sat is normal, wish I wasn't 1100 miles away. Sounds like it should be a great time!
            All of the comps I've been to around here, all 5 so far, have been cooking overnight Saturday with judging on Sunday. So the Friday overnight cook is odd to me.

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            Wow they might cancel? Is it tied into another event like a fair, or something. Because the link makes it look like there are sponsors. Would be a shame, but you are 3k miles away from the Pacific NW. No way I could get there(as a spectator). It sure does look like fun, and I've always wanted to see Maine. Good luck sir!
            Thanks for the well wishes. If 15 teams showed up with their $200, that would provide $3,000 toward the prize money. There are sponsors footing a good part of the tab, but those guys want a return on investment, and if there are very few people they don't see the value. Basturds!
            They are providing the Lobster though.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' Dick View Post
              Basturds!.
              I believe the correct term is "bastages", just me.
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, my wifes family lives in Westbrooke just down the road. Too late to plan it now but we could of killed 2 birds with one stone and maybe a cousin or 2!
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

we did the mainely grillin and chillin last august(kcbs) in eliot,maine...Me dads side from eastport,maine(as far north east as you can go before canada in USA)....Bummer on the cancel if true....

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                    I believe the correct term is "bastages", just me.

Fargen Bastages for those with a German pedigree!

Comment

Working...
                    X