What should I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do

Trying to make a decision on what to do with this. I'm thinking it would make a great cold smoker. Not sure what the wife would think of another cooker, but I need to get it out of the garage to make room for other projects.

Does it work? Do you want to sell it?

Comment

You shoud bring it to me and I wll take of it for you.
      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Originally posted by Capt View Post
        Does it work? Do you want to sell it?
        Does not work, the compressor went out, replaced with a new one and it lasted about two weeks. Fed up and ready to just get it out of the way.

Originally posted by wutang View Post
        You shoud bring it to me and I wll take of it for you.
        Might be a little far to travel

Comment

That would make a big ass smoker, hot or cold.. If the wife is not on board with another smoker.. Scrap it and take the coin and stock up on meats for the summer..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I've thought about taking it in for scrap, but I'm having a hard time giving up
            78cu ft of smoking potential.

Comment

Originally posted by hb_hound View Post
              I've thought about taking it in for scrap, buy I'm having a hard time giving up
              78cu ft of smoking potential.

Well if you want to make it a cold smoker.. I think the best and easiest way is to but two cold smokers from Todd Johnson and you would be set..

You can find his cold smokers at his website A-Maze-N Products
              Ken

Comment

Thanks for the link, I might have to place an order tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by hb_hound View Post
                  Thanks for the link, I might have to place an order tomorrow

Todd is a good guy.. He will take care of you..
                  Ken

Comment

Its big enough where you could make one side a hot smoker, and the other a cold smoker, with the firebox and wood storage in the middle. Gotta consider how much you plan on moving it, and how often you would need that much space for smoking though. Just my few cents.
                    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I'm with the one side cold, one side hot. Maybe even a dehydrator in the middle....That thing has some serious potential.

Then again, if it is a sore spot with the wifey and you don't want to scrap it, I am sure you could sell it for a pretty penny locally. Put the $ toward the other projects or buy the wife a nice diamond necklace...(that will get you more mileage in the long run).

If you weren't so far away, I would offer to just come and pick it up. :D

Comment

if you have a spare trailer, that would make one hell of a trailer-mounted cabinet smoker with minimal work. the hardest thing would be lifting it onto the trailer. after that, it's just about riveting or welding some stainless pieces here or there to really finish it off. you could use mild steel and save yourself about 5/6 of the costs of the metal, but for that thing, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste just to save a couple bucks.
                        Current babies:
                        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
                        -RichTee's Lang :)
                        Former Lineup:
                        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
                        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
                        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
                        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
                        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

Whatever you do it's gonna a be a shiny beautiful piece of work....man I have a love problem with stainless steel
                          Jerod
                          GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X