Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDS Deflectors - NEED 10 Volunteers

UPDATE: PICS ON PAGE 3

After much debate on this thread and others, I got ahold of SmokeMeister who made the below deflector for his "BUFORD" smoker.

DDave posted about it awhile back. After 3 revisions, he says this is the best all around deflector for the UDS/BDS etc.

For testing purposes, he is willing to sell at his cost of $30 and can deliver to me (he's not far from me here in AZ), which would save the shipping of 10 deflectors outside of the state.

The only catch here, is that there would need to be a minimum order of 10 to proceed with this. I know I'd take one, and my dad as well. That leaves 8 available.

I volunteered to get them, and ship the deflectors to others for the $30+shipping since I'm such a swell S-M forum member

I told him I'd put out some feelers. Let me know what you all think
    Last edited by ThunderDome; 07-27-2011, 04:50 PM.

Make me a UDS and I'll be a guinea pig!!!

Comment

Yeah...that's a little more than a tin foil covered grate... ;{) Interesting tho.
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I wish I had some $$ to spend. I would love to experiment. I will just have to await your results.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

aww c'mon Rich, it's just kinda cool, and i haven't seen a deflector that anyone swears by yet (tin foil, or pizza pan or stone)

Also, I know the 2 pack of HD foil from Costco is around $15 so I slowly....very sloowwwlly would just be saving money, right
          Last edited by ThunderDome; 06-15-2011, 09:27 PM. Reason: Tupac is alive

Comment

Side note for UDS guys: Check out the shelving racks he uses in his drum for adjustability. pretty neat idea

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
              Side note for UDS guys: Check out the shelving racks he uses in his drum for adjustability. pretty neat idea
              I have been staring at that for about an hour now thinking how can I do that.
              "Intelligence is something we are born with. BBQ’ing is a skill that must be learned"

http://www.youtube.com/user/ectorgarcia?feature=mhee

Follow My BBQ Team On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fat-A...04098269604777sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ecto1 View Post
                I have been staring at that for about an hour now thinking how can I do that.
                I asked him, he said they're just the basic inexpensive shelving brackets. I might have to try this. Would be awesome in the shift from smoker to grill, or chicken to beef adjustments for heat

Comment

I saw that right away. Pretty cool idea.
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Ya I like the shelf brackets!!

Comment

Amd wait a minute i didnt know volunteers had to pay lol

Comment

aww c'mon Rich, it's just kinda cool, and i haven't seen a deflector that anyone swears by yet (tin foil, or pizza pan or stone)

Also, I know the 2 pack of HD foil from Costco is around $15 so I slowly....very sloowwwlly would just be saving money, right
                        It is cool. I'd have to see it in action, but yes... in about 2 years... you'd be on the plus side of the investment
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                          Amd wait a minute i didnt know volunteers had to pay lol
                          it only took 11 posts hahah

Comment

No wonder I never volunteer anywhere haha damn im good!!

Comment

I'll take one.

I'm pretty close to Arizona.

Dave
                              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                              UDS 1.0
                              Afterburner
                              Weber Performer
                              Blue Thermapen
                              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                              Auber Smoker Controller
                              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                              -
                              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X