Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spatchcocked Boysenberry-Jalapeno Injected Smoke Gilled Chicken On a 18" Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spatchcocked Boysenberry-Jalapeno Injected Smoke Gilled Chicken On a 18" Weber Kettle

Never tried a whole spatchcocked chicken on the 18" Webers, thought the cooking area was too small & the bird would burn, so thought I would give it a try. Turned out great.... Got an 18" Weber? .... Go for it.... I could also see trussing the legs/wings may help keep these smaller parts from burning.... Injected this bird & rubbed with Mad Hunky & Kosher Salt...... Smoke - grilled with the ring of fire coal setup with Red Oak..... Then put the fire to it

The video is over 7 minutes long if you don't like the video thing.... I think it does have some helpful areas to view though for those who have the 18" Weber & were thinking about this process. It probably could have been cut down to about 3 minutes really BUT, during the process & a few beers in, I like to get a bit chatty..... Thus the 7+ minute thingy

Click the picture below to watch the video..... It even has sound

sigpic

Sweet as soon as I saw the thread title I said to myself "Hope there is a video!". And Sure enough! Dang me that looks right good!

Oh were you scoring the red oak? Absolutely love the color that it puts on the bird. In this video as well as the chicken leg vid!
    Last edited by gmotoman; 06-17-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Be up & on it there Fish Daddy!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

The Red Oak was sent along with Pecan about a year ago. 2 of me favorites now..... Mike, big air show Saturday with great view from my deck. Me bro n buds comin over fotr Natty-Q.... Savin ya a seat!
        sigpic

Comment

Gettin' after it! Looks awesome. I'm a little surprised the 18" held a cockspatched bird. Great video too.

Comment

I had to try it Cheryl. It was the smallest one I could get @ 4.80 pounds. I'm all about messin with stuff and experimenting. Hopefully inspire someone to get that old dusty kettle out of the garage and light it off. I did crush Blueberries in Vodka last night @ me bar. Mason jar and all. Its fricken awesome over crushed ice. Adult snow cone comes to mind.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy chit!! I just picked a mess of blueberries, and that sounds awesome with the vodka. Might have to make a run to the package store for some goose. Great idea!

Comment

You on it Scott! Great video sir!

Hmmm, blueberries, crushed ice, and vodka...

The BlueJob perhaps?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                  Holy chit!! I just picked a mess of blueberries, and that sounds awesome with the vodka. Might have to make a run to the package store for some goose. Great idea!

sigpic

Comment

Great looking bird.....Had me some black raspberrie and moonshine mix at party last week....

Comment

Working...
                    X