Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River City Roundup - Omaha, NE - 9/23-24 - KCBS

http://www.rivercityrodeo.com/activities/bbq-contest

just thought y'all'd like to see this, just in case. i MIGHT be doing it with Wutang, but only time will tell. Anyone else going to be in the area?

Later,
    Andy
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Go for it Andy. Its a low entry fee, and has somewhat decent payout...
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Right now, I'm on-call that weekend, but it's far enough out that I may be able to work somethin out.
      Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
      Modified Chargriller RF
      250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by new smoke View Post
        Sounds like a good time. Right now, I'm on-call that weekend, but it's far enough out that I may be able to work somethin out.
        you sure as hell better let me know if you are in. if we go, i'll try to see about getting spots next to each other if possible. i'll probably get the extra 10' worth of space if possible...
        Current babies:
        -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
        -RichTee's Lang :)
        Former Lineup:
        -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
        -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
        -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
        -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
        BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Comment

If I can make it work, I'll definately you let you know asap.

I've got an anniversary gig the weekend before, but I may be able to get someone to trade a weekend with me.
          Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
          Modified Chargriller RF
          250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Hmmmmm. Might have to consider this. Would be my first comp. Bet i could put an awesome team together real quick.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDave View Post
              Hmmmmm. Might have to consider this. Would be my first comp. Bet i could put an awesome team together real quick.

Dave
              Bet ya could. Just don't be as angry as I if your team turns out a couple of the best meats you ever had and don't make a top 10. It's hard to take.
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Bet ya could. Just don't be as angry as I if your team turns out a couple of the best meats you ever had and don't make a top 10. It's hard to take.
                So I've heard. Kinda why I've never comp'ed before. I just love to smoke killer bbq. My friends seem to love it and even when everyone else praises it, if I don't love it......it don't win with ME. Would be tough to take if I thought it was the shizzi and "they" (the 45 min trained kcbs judges) did not seem to agree. But if I want the rep, I gotta do what I gotta do. We all have to start somewhere. I got some friends with some smokers and it might be worth a shot....

Dave

Comment

Would be tough to take if I thought it was the shizzi and "they" (the 45 min trained kcbs judges) did not seem to agree. But if I want the rep, I gotta do what I gotta do. We all have to start somewhere. I got some friends with some smokers and it might be worth a shot....

Dave
                  Yeah those damn judges...oh wait. nevermind. Hahaha. Well, maybe having a judge on the team is the way to go.

I really think we could put together a kickass team pretty quick.

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
                  i MIGHT be doing it with Wutang, but only time will tell. Anyone else going to be in the area?
                  Hell yeah. I want to do it. Let's see if we can make it happen
                  KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Working...
                  X