2nd cheese smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd cheese smoke

So after pulling a ******* cheese smoke on my first try, I gave my Brinkmann vertical a go smoking some cheese. I didn't get any pics, but man, were the results freaking awesome. I did a 2 lb chunk of cheap cheddar and a 8oz wedge of Stella blue cheese. Smoked them with 4 charcoal briquettes and a chunk of hickory on top of them for about 3 hours, keeping the lid half cocked to let the heat out. I took them out, let them sit for about 15 minutes on the counter, then tightly wrapped them in plastic wrap, then into the fridge for a week. Today I brought them into work for an official feedback test and by the end of the day I had an overwhelming response of "hell yeah!".

So now, above the simple act of smoking just a brick of cheese, what do you like to add to your cheese bricks to impart more flavor? Seasonings? Rubs? Sauces? I am all ears.
    sigpic

Sounds like a tasty smoked cheese success

Have done a few with different seasonings with just meh results...but brined then smoked can impart great flavor.

If your temps are getting a bit too high you can always put a tray of ice under the cheese and that helps a lot too.
    Too hot to do cheese here so gotta wait till the Fall to do more.
    There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X