Hot Dog's or Weenie's....Never Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Dog's or Weenie's....Never Again

Now me & Miss Louie like a hot dog. Me... go to Sonic & get one. Richtee told me they are a pain in the a$$. Oh well my head is hard & I like to do it myself. Never again. The emulsifacation was fine...that stuffing was a pain & clean up was unreal.

Did it this way.... Tony'sGarlicFranks.pdf

In the Coffin for a viewing!

Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

I see it was a pain to make.. But what about the flavor??
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I like a good dog too, 88. Hebrew National's all beef ;{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
        I see it was a pain to make.. But what about the flavor??
        Still in the smoker...i'll report later!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I've thought about making them too. The stuffing part was hard? What kind of casings did you use? Not going to make them if they are that much of a pain.

sigpic
          Brinkman SnP-w/mods
          ECB
          GOSM
          MES for sticks and sausage
          30 yr old Weber Kettle
          Brinkman gasser

Comment

I like to get the Bar-S brand when they go on sale for 50 cents a pound. Stab one with a stick and burn it over the campfire.
            sigpic
            Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
              In the Coffin for a viewing!

The Coffin . . . LOL.

I like that.

Not too many smokers named The Coffin, I'll bet.

Dave
              CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
              UDS 1.0
              Afterburner
              Weber Performer
              Blue Thermapen
              Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
              Thermoworks Chef Alarm
              Auber Smoker Controller
              Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
              -
              "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Originally posted by daboys View Post
                I've thought about making them too. The stuffing part was hard? What kind of casings did you use? Not going to make them if they are that much of a pain.
                Sheep casings....Louie did the reverse water to go inside out. Thanks Andy! The clean up is a pain. A stuffer is the way to go to alleviate the stuffing, just me & Louie so be allright. I'd do it again!

Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Slanted88, did you use commercially prepared sheep casings?? If so they don't have to be flushed out.

We normally make anywhere from 10 to 50 lbs of hotdogs at a time. My friend doesn't like to do them more than once a year.

When you hang them in the smoker you should try to hang them in sets of 2.....
                  From the stick hang 2 down and 2 back up. This keeps them from unwinding the twist.

They certainly look good

Comment

[QUOTE=Slanted88;21431]Sheep casings....Louie did the reverse water to go inside out. Thanks Andy! The clean up is a pain. A stuffer is the way to go to alleviate the stuffing, just me & Louie so be allright. I'd do it again!
                    [QUOTE]

1st time I used sheep casing I had a hard time getting them on the tube. Much easier now that I've used them a few times. Glad to hear you'd make them again. Thanks Mike, think I'll give them a try.

sigpic
                    Brinkman SnP-w/mods
                    ECB
                    GOSM
                    MES for sticks and sausage
                    30 yr old Weber Kettle
                    Brinkman gasser

Comment

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
                      Slanted88, did you use commercially prepared sheep casings?? If so they don't have to be flushed out.

We normally make anywhere from 10 to 50 lbs of hotdogs at a time. My friend doesn't like to do them more than once a year.

When you hang them in the smoker you should try to hang them in sets of 2.....
                      From the stick hang 2 down and 2 back up. This keeps them from unwinding the twist.

They certainly look good
                      Appreciate that! I'm still a rookie at this & need all the help I can get. I asked Louie to reverse the casings...with the faucet . Dang sure worked. Thanks! Andy!
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation

Comment

Mike them look real tastey! Hope the next batch goes a bit easier fer ya!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          I like a good dog too, 88. Hebrew National's all beef ;{)
                          Yeah I'm a Vienna Beef guy myself but I got these doggies on my to do list.

Nice weiners there 88!
                          sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

They sure look good! I'm down fer any dogs...mmm...hmmm
                            How about that Single barrel? What part did that play? Could ya email me a swig?...lol Nice cook!
                            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

I like a good dog too. But I haven't tried to make them yet. Don't know if I will.
                              But kudos to you for trying.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X