Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yoder Durango - Beef Brisket Test w/Video

Hi all,

I had another opportunity to cook on the Yoder Durango yesterday. I was asked to come out and cook at Foothills BBQ & Grills and what better way to get some burn time on a pit then a Brisket.

We started at 4:30 AM and had the hood all smelling of peach wood. We cooked a 13 lbs. brisket, 3 roasts, a mess of wings, burnt ends and 2 whole Yard birds soaked in Mad hunky poultry brine. Yum!

12 hours later we pulled the brisket and Oh man! It was extremely moist and the peach wood laid down a flavor that is hard to beat. The Durango was extremely consistent with the temp staying between 216 at the lowest and 239 at the highest point. For the most part it seemed to hold at 228 give or take 3 degrees. Keeping an efficient burn was a piece of cake as well.

Here's a video showing that "it did happen" I ate enough Bovine yesterday to birth a calf this morning...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfj9_bvAoYs[/yt]
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Nice juicy lookin brisket there Rob. So do you get to keep the Yoder? wish I was there for a sample or ten
    Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome Brisket Rob And Great Video
      sigpic

Comment

Good stuff. I liked the wing flyover, and that brisket looked awesome! Great smoke ring and either that was a laser knife, or that brisky was like Buddah!

Comment

That brisky was like cutting butter. And no I don't get to keep the Durango but I sure iwsh I could. I love that thing. However I have a loaded Yoder Wichita that shipped Friday and I should be cooking on it by next weekend. It's identical to the Durango with the exception of the veritcal smoke chamber.

Thanks for viewing guys. One of these times the PNW folks will have to come on out to Foothills and have some Q with us.

Rob
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita

Comment

Bean's & Slaw & Best if ya get it sliced up on a slider roll for Natty Cat!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

We didn't have time yesterday to sample all the meats that came off the Yoder Durango because well.... There was just too much and I was focused on the Wings and the Brisket. Both were mind blowing! Love a stellar smoker and Peach wood!

Today we cut into 2 of the roasts. That’s right two.. My younger son and I started sampling one roast and it was so tender and full of flavor that we made it disappear in no time!

Then my oldest son cut into the second roast and ate 1/4 of it. I had another 1/4 th for dinner. Damn, I'm not kidding you... it was amazing... I just started using peach wood and I think it's becoming a fave of mine.

Getcha some!

Rob
              SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
              Yoder Wichita

Comment

So, you got high enough temps in the vert to crisp up the whole birds on that pit? That is surprising. That thing runs like a dream. Good work!
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Excellent looking foodage and video....

Comment

Working...
                  X