Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First tri tip and 2 tenderloins. WARNING...this thread contains images of GREEN BEANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First tri tip and 2 tenderloins. WARNING...this thread contains images of GREEN BEANS

Local meat store had tri tips on sale last week for $4.99 lb. When I asked the guy behind the meat counter for tri tip he looked at me funny...he has waited on me before and when I asked for the tri tip he said "you're not from California". I replied no, then he asked how I know about tri tips. Smoked-meat.com was my answer. He said they have a lot of customers from California that come in looking for them but he knew I was local and didn't expect it from me.

Anyway, ran the smoker between 250 - 300 and used hickory. I smoked until it reach IT of about 137 and then removed and rested. It was a fantastic cut of meat! I only seasoned it with fresh cracked pepper, but next time I will use something different. The tenderloins had Mad Hunky on them and I sliced them thin for sandwiches for lunch.

WARNING - Images of GREEN BEANS are below! If you can't stand the sight of GREEN BEANS, please be aware that images of GREEN BEANS are below.

Thanks for stopping in!
    Last edited by sweet_magnolia; 07-27-2011, 11:50 PM.
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Loving everything about this post! Good pictures, great recipe ideas, and nice video. Yay! I am so glad you got to experience what us left coasters have known for awhile. Good Job Sweet magnolia!

Comment

Ohhh yeah! You rocked it, made me Hoongreeey! Very nice even if I'll never see a "tri tip". Love those taters, bacon an GREEN BEANS, dey money!

Dat's dinna well done!
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Oh My

That smoke ring and those taters.......

Have to admit, never had or even seen a tri tip at the store. Maybe I need to look harder.

I owe you some points. I happen to be out at the moment
        Pete
        Large BGE
        Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
          WARNING - Images of GREEN BEANS are below! If you can't stand the sight of GREEN BEANS, please be aware that images of GREEN BEANS are below.

LMAO.... Now that is some funny chit right there..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Nicely done....Thanks reminder...i got a bushel green beans to pick....

Comment

Wow Becky you nailed that one..All you people and your videos are making me feal like a newby all over.I never even wanted to learn all I have about computers but since joining this site I;ve had to.
              Points to ya girl.I've never seen tri tips here before .I wonder if they go by another name up north here. Would like to find out
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Man Damn!...Sister dumped the clutch on that gig! Get all jacked up on green bean's!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Excellent video & pics Becky.... You sure sound Canadian though ...... Most of me boys (meself included) just go EVOO, Kosher & CBP on tri-tips....But tri-tip something different next thyme.... Good work
                  sigpic

Comment

Loved it! Nice pics, nice video, nice voice, outstanding post. can't ask for more.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Nice work, lady. I really liked the asparagus tips, bacon and potato chunks idea ;{)
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Beautiful meal, Becky. I even dragged up some for the green beans.
                        sigpic
                        Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Fantastic smoke Becky! Everything looks perfect!
                          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

that looks awesome! Loved the video, all 21 seconds of it! LOL! Food looks great in the pics too! YOU GO GIRL!

Comment

Hell, I LOVE green beans! Just not Limas and some others but that meal looked great!
                              And beautiful sliced shot...
                              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X