Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Smoked Lingcod cheeks and one Halibut cheek

Hello
    I smoked some Lingcod cheeks and one Halibut Cheek I used Apple for smoke on my grill I smoked indirect I sprinkled on some of Smoky Okie's Seafood splash its some great stuff the fish did not get real smokey it did not stay on the grill long enough to get real smokey about 10 min per side

Happyness is a full smoker

Ok Huey - what IS a "Lincod", and how does one end up with ONE Halibut cheek?

Looks great...but enquiring minds, yanno!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Rich
      this is a Lingcod I cleaned the Fish for a buddy he gave me the cheeks not sure what happened to the other one someone else got that one

Comment

Lings are awesome eating. Been a couple years for me, but great NW stuff... Mean bastards too!... Nice job Huey!
        sigpic

Comment

Looks damn good.... Them fish look like they can jack you up..

You need to tell Okie to pop in and tell us about his new rub(s)... He can't sell it if you don't know about it..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Ken this Rub came out the same time as the rooster booster or shortly after both are great I will be ordering more soon I will let him know he needs to come here and tell everyone about them

Comment

Wild looking... camo pike kinda LOL!

I been using his Deep Beef and the Swine Brine/Bark combo for butts. Good stuff. I gotta get more of the Deep Beef, as I'm about out.
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Hey Ken, you can drop me a line any time you like. I think you is good people!

Huey, glad you enjoyed the Seafood splash, and thanx for telling folks about it. Looking at those cheeks, I may just have to take a Lingcod trip when I'm up in Alaska next month.

I didn't want to just stop in and tell everybody to come and buy my new seasonings. I figured word would get out soon enough.

.......but since you asked....

I came out with Rooster Booster for poultry and general purpose and Seafood splash a couple years ago. Both seem to being doing their job of addicting most that try them.

Since then, I have come out with a couple or three competition grade pork and beef injections.

Up next in the soon to come section is what I think will prove to be one of the best pork and poultry rubs to hit the circuit as well as what I think may well be Steak and burger seasoning in the state of perfection. But then, I may be prejudiced.

I don't know what the policy is here on commercial links, so I'll put up a link and invite admin to take it out if it is out of line.

You can find all my stuff at US BBQ Supply there is also a lot of other really good BBQ stuff on that site as well.

Thanx for inviting me over!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokyOkie View Post

I don't know what the policy is here on commercial links, so I'll put up a link and invite admin to take it out if it is out of line.
                  Policy is..if it sux...you'll hear about it... other than that, as a contributing member, you are welcome to post those links....

Soo..how about a brisket post for us?

Comment

Originally posted by SmokyOkie View Post
                    Hey Ken, you can drop me a line any time you like. I think you is good people!

I didn't want to just stop in and tell everybody to come and buy my new seasonings. I figured word would get out soon enough.

You can find all my stuff at US BBQ Supply there is also a lot of other really good BBQ stuff on that site as well.

Thanx for inviting me over!

Nope not out of line.. Contributing members are allowed to post there websites and any new products or specials they may have..

In fact, I know you have.. You just need to drop by every now and again to tell us of your new products....

Oh, by the way.,... Did you ever find the SOB that broke into your trailer and took your smokers??

Take care ..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Nope, but they didn't bother breaking in, they just stole the trailer along with everything in it.

I guess I get a little satisfaction in the thought that the last laugh was on them. they most likely thought the trailer was full of easily fenced power tools and such. Imagine their surprise when they opened it up and found a bunch of stuff they had no idea how to sell.

BTW- for any that are going to try my seasonings for the first time, the RB and SS are really not so much rubs as what they are concentrated shake on seasonings. If you put them on as heavily as you would a rub, they will tend to be too strong.

Comment

Cheek is probably the best part of a fish - eating wise. And any of the cod family give great cheek (lol).

Never thought to smoke them though

Next time I buy a load of cod cheeks (when the shop gets them in) I might just give that a go.

for the inspiration
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I went deep sea fishing for the first time in May. Caught some nice Ling's and Halibut. Great eating. Put on the Traeger on smoke for about an hour then turn it up to 350, it will finish in about 5 minutes. The white fish really takes the smoke nicely. It was a great fishing trip and the 40 pounds of filets in the freezer is nice also!

Comment

Thought I had better post the rest of that days catch the big one is 77 pounds :-)

Comment

Nice Flatties Huey...... You done good..... Neah Bay?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X