homebrewers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homebrewers?

just wondering how many homebrewers are here on the forums?
    busy day brewing and smoking meat for me today.

There are a few Dan... But really no one has taken our members by the hand to show them step by step how it's done..

We do have one member.. BrewMasterJosh I think.... He acted like he was going to take that lead and never did.. Kinda disappeared... I guess he was a better Master of drinking it than making it,...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Welcome and ...just show us how! We sure do consume enough ( Alex anyway).( te he)
      I'd like to learn.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

That's all I need, another freekin hobby.

OK I'm in.
        Keith

Comment

thanks for the welcome!
          many sites to go to to learn; i'm sure it may be on youtube as well. homebrewtalk.com is a good forum site just like this one geared towards homebrewing beer. lots of good tips there.
          i usually try to brew once a month towards the begining of the month. that being said, if any one is from the central iowa area and is intrested in learn to homebrew, we might be able to find the time to exchange some meat smoking/homebrewing tips.
          i will say that i'm probably not an expert on homebrewing, but my not a "beginner" either. somewhere in the middle is where i'm at.
          Last edited by bbqmandan; 07-04-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I have done it Dan, still have most of the equipment as well, but kinda got out of it a few years ago. It's alot of work for sure. And I had like 3 straight batches go bad, and it just turned me off it I guess. Love good beer tho...sooo, maybe I just might pick it up again...but I'm willing to share what I know.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
              I have done it Dan, still have most of the equipment as well, but kinda got out of it a few years ago. It's alot of work for sure. And I had like 3 straight batches go bad, and it just turned me off it I guess. Love good beer tho...sooo, maybe I just might pick it up again...but I'm willing to share what I know.

You gonna teach everybody how to make bad beer?
              Keith

Comment

Another homebrewer. Learned how to brew by one of the best many years back. Started at the top, all grain. Whats your method? I was just in the barn and dug out my barrel setup and conical fermenting barrel. I feel a homebrew coming on soon.
                https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
                  You gonna teach everybody how to make bad beer?
                  Heh... actually no. The main problem I had was I had just moved, and some of my equipment got contaminated. That cost me a batch. The other two after that..weellll..sometimes it just don't work out like ya want it to be. Kinda like getting a tough brisky...it happens.
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I used toooo...I'd like to get back into doing some Bitter. I like the British stuff.
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I did some homebrewing in my 20's. I blew a Corny keg in my refrigerator once. I got home and the entire kitchen was covered in about 3" of foam. Never did graduate to all grain.

All of my stuff got burned in a house fire at a friend of mine's place. They had awesome insurance, and he actually got me a check for the stuff. I bought a fancy film camera with it.

I found a great little brewery near me, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I'd like to spend hours cleaning to do a little brewing when I can go over there and get a bunch of free samples and come home with growlers of great beer. If there wasn't a local brewery, I'd be all over it again.

Comment

Used to make some beer each year during the off season for canning...

Would love to get started again but dont know where the time goes
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                          ......Started at the top, all grain. Whats your method?....
                          i'm not at the all-grain set up yet. some day when i have more money to spend on the equipment needed for all-grain as well as the extra time to devote to the hours needed for all-grain.
                          right now i like to stick with partial-mash/extract with grain batches. all-grain will eventually be in my future, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqmandan View Post
                            i'm not at the all-grain set up yet. some day when i have more money to spend on the equipment needed for all-grain as well as the extra time to devote to the hours needed for all-grain.
                            right now i like to stick with partial-mash/extract with grain batches. all-grain will eventually be in my future, though.
                            If you can get us a post that has some pics and some detail of the process, I'm willing to bet you would get some of the folks that have made homebrew in the past back into it..... It seems to go in "cycles" at times around here, if someone makes something that looks/sounds good, then somebody else will follow, and so on and so on..... As fars as homebrewing goes, I think we need a leader in that catagory it's wide open
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bbqmandan View Post
                              i'm not at the all-grain set up yet. some day when i have more money to spend on the equipment
                              Well heck, your almost there LOL. Nothing wrong with partial mash, nothing at all. In fact, with the advance of today's kit beers, it's hard for me to justify a whole day to all graining. I love all grain because it starts with raw ingredients and it gives you total control, BUT....I also love a good kit beer. Especially Docklands Porter by Muntons. Ohhhhh man is that some good drinking right there.

Brewing is sorta like smoking meat. It's addictive. I came to the smoking world 2 years ago, just looking for a simple jerky recipe I could make on my Big Chief. Now look what they done to me
                              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Working...
                              X