Smoked Almonds with Molasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Almonds with Molasses

I had intended to smoke some almonds today along with my brisket dinner but totally forgot about them till the brisket was ready to come off... sucks to get old.
    Anyways I grabbed about a 1/2 a pound of them and tossed them in a bowl then drizzled on some "Brer Rabbit" brand "Mild Flavor Molasses" and mixed it up real good then sprinkled them with some salt and hot pepper. Spread them out on a tray an tossed into the smoker. Can't say for sure what the smoker temp was but it had been dropping towards the end of the brisket smoke, so maybe about 225 to start. An hour and a half later they were at 187 and had nice color so I pulled them.

here they are after the molasses bath.

Pulled and cooled;

This batch could have used more smoke and less salt but I figured since it was the first time i used molasses I thought I'd share it with ya.
    I loved the way it made for a real nice sweet flavor and gave it a crazy glaze.
    Thanks for looking, can't wait to improve on this recipe.
    Last edited by DanMcG; 07-04-2011, 07:19 PM.
    sigpic

Mmm looks good my one and only attempt at Almonds was a complete flop;May have to try again
    2-22.5'' weber
    1-18'' weber
    1 smokey joe
    22.5'' wsm
    24'' smoke vault
    1-outhouse
    Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
    Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Looks damn good to me.. You could just bag & box them up and slap a few stamps on the box then send them Ol' T-H's way..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Smoked almonds, that's friggin' nuts

GOSM
        K.C.B.S Member # 60786
        Digital Thermometers
        Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
        140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

I've done that with almonds using a melted butter/tabasco/minced garlic/brown sugar mixture. Turned out fairly well.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

Do like Almonds...Like the color & taste... had to be good!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
            X