Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "The Gang is gonna walk Squirrel through her UDS build"

I got the drum!

Looks like I need to go get some drill bits. I have a Porter-Cable drill. But don't I need to get metal bits? Gotta figure out what sizes. I'm so excited!!!

Can't wait to see this build girl.
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

If i had any points left I'd give em up for your post of my favorite "cute pussy" picture of all time. I think that's the little critter that saw me nekkid
      Anyhoo...looking for ward to monitoring your progress on the build Squirrel
      sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Squirrel...for the record, I recommend two 1" intakes, rather than the regular three 3/4"

Any drill bit will work for your pilot hole (hehe), and a step bit up to 1" (or maybe a hole bit/saw) will do the rest.

After that is done. Light the largest fire you can imagine in that barrel, and the more wood you throw in there, the more comforting the peace of mind you will have cooking on it your first time

Comment

You need a wire wheel to clean up the outside and a full face shield for your eyes.
          You'll need a variety of drill bits, get a drill index (a set of bits).
          You'll need a couple of "stepped drill bits" like this. O
          One of them needs to be 1.25". for a 1" pipe . That's a start
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
            Squirrel...for the record, I recommend two 1" intakes, rather than the regular three 3/4"

Any drill bit will work for your pilot hole (hehe), and a step bit up to 1" (or maybe a hole bit/saw) will do the rest.

After that is done. Light the largest fire you can imagine in that barrel, and the more wood you throw in there, the more comforting the peace of mind you will have cooking on it your first time

Got it. I'm making a list of what I will need to get from Lowes tomorrow, so fire it off. All I have is a Porter-Cable drill and the bits that came with it. Bought it a while back, never used it yet. I had a shitload of nice saws and such but loaned them to someone that went and pawned my shit. I like to work with wood. Literally. so I'm gonna get some more stuff for winter projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
              You need a wire wheel to clean up the outside and a full face shield for your eyes.
              You'll need a variety of drill bits, get a drill index (a set of bits).
              You'll need a couple of "stepped drill bits" like this. O
              One of them needs to be 1.25". for a 1" pipe . That's a start

Check. On the list. Before I go tomorrow I'll post what I have on my list. I'm so freakin' excited about this!!!!

Comment

You dont want to buy a set of step bits from lowes, youll pay bigtime and doubt they have a set like that, one that goes to 1" is like 50 bucks for a name brand one, do you have a Harbor Freight Tools near you cheap crap thats good for one or two uses.

Comment

Remember to drill the air intake holes before you burn it out, and it needs it - a big whoopin fire. I wanna see a pic of flames 4' out the top!
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

I wouldnt suggest getting your step bit/Unibit from a big box store.

Harbor Freight

Northern Tool

For the amount I use mine, these work great.

Comment

You go gurl!!! This is gonna be one fanfreakintastic build!!! I know ya got it in ya...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Might be cheaper to use a hole saw to cut the holes

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
                          You dont want to buy a set of step bits from lowes, youll pay bigtime and doubt they have a set like that, one that goes to 1" is like 50 bucks for a name brand one, do you have a Harbor Freight Tools near you cheap crap thats good for one or two uses.
                          What he said or order them online.
                          www.harborfreight.com

Sorry TD, didn't see your post.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

That rim looks to be kinda flat. Does a Weber top fit on that? Hopefully so.
                            If not I've got a couple of fixes if you want to go that route. Happy drilling!!!

Comment

Great info guys! Keep it coming! We do have a Harbor Freight in Augusta. All this great info is what is giving me the confidence to do this. Thanks so much! I think we need to deliberate a day or two as to what to buy and where to buy it. This is all new to me but I'm excited about learning something new!

Comment

Working...
                              X