Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any thoughts?

http://omaha.craigslist.org/app/2493232658.html

i'm looking at getting this, but not sure if it is really a smart move. i don't know for sure where i would put it, i'd have to get rid of my drum and fridge smokers so my wife would allow it, and it would wipe out my new computer fund... the computer will be able to bring me more money through freelance CAD work, but the kitchen set would bring me more fun through excessive alcohol consumption...

the water is hooked up via hose and just has a drain line that runs wherever i put it. worst case scenario, i would run this with some PVC pipe to a better location for drainage.

it had a 4-burner grill with searer, fridge, lights, rotisserie (all hooked up with a single extension cord which would not be an issue), granite counters, stainless sink, all stainless metal, a 2-burner stove top with a side-griddle, and probably more that i don't know about yet.

the only thing that i don't currently know about is the condition of the burners. with the whole setup only being 3-years old, i don't think they would be too bad, and even if they were totaled, i could probably replace them for less than $100.

thoughts? ideas? donations are being accepted. lol
    Current babies:
    -Daughter's 10"x24" RF smoker
    -RichTee's Lang :)
    Former Lineup:
    -Charbroil Santa Fe grill
    -1954'ish Philco fridge smoker
    -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)
    -enough beer to drown any problem/ailment you may encounter

"if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough"
    BTW, U of M sucks, Go Big Red! I have bragging rights to 2018!

Nice. Would be fun.
    sigpic

Comment

For that price I wouldn't get rid of anything. You'd miss it anyway.

Comment

Just my $.02, but all it is is eye candy. I have a kick arse stainless grill with a lot of bells and whistles, IR burners, rotiseries, etc., etc., and I'll keep it since it was a gift from the beautiful and talented Mrs. Engineer. Secretly, what i really want is a Weber kettle...how sad is that!

That grill won't replace your smokers. I suggest you save your cash, keep your smokers, and get your new computer. With the added freelance cad work, you can save money at a faster rate and then buy one of these bell and whistle setups.

sorry to be a dream killer, and again that is just my $.02.

good luck.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
          Just my $.02, but all it is is eye candy. I have a kick arse stainless grill with a lot of bells and whistles, IR burners, rotiseries, etc., etc., and I'll keep it since it was a gift from the beautiful and talented Mrs. Engineer. Secretly, what i really want is a Weber kettle...how sad is that!

That grill won't replace your smokers. I suggest you save your cash, keep your smokers, and get your new computer. With the added freelance cad work, you can save money at a faster rate and then buy one of these bell and whistle setups.

good luck.
          you're not a dream killer... like i said, i was on the fence about it. I have a weber kettle and love it. I might actually get rid of my santa fe since i know i will use the weber from now on and the santa fe is just going to stay in my way when i mow. the only real reason i liked it is because it's got everything on it that i would need to cook outside. i'd have the water, fridge, food, etc. all right there and would not have to go into the house for much of anything other than the usual plates, silverware, etc.

all in all, it'd be nice, but until i move into a bigger house, it'd be a waste of space in my opinion. however, i would really like a gas grill that i can just turn on and let it run, rather than having to light the coals, wait, dump them in the grill, wait some more, etc. gas is just more convenient sometimes.

Later,
          Andy
          Current babies:
          Former Lineup:
          -1950's GE electric fridge smoker in progress (Went to WuTang and will probably never be completed. lol)

Comment

Originally posted by aczeller View Post
            http://omaha.craigslist.org/app/2493232658.html

i'm looking at getting this, but not sure if it is really a smart move. i don't know for sure where i would put it, i'd have to get rid of my drum and fridge smokers so my wife would allow it, and it would wipe out my new computer fund... the computer will be able to bring me more money through freelance CAD work, but the kitchen set would bring me more fun through excessive alcohol consumption...
            You've pretty much answered your own question, but if your top priority is the kitchen set would bring you more fun through excessive alcohol consumption, I'd say throw caution (and common sense) to the wind and go for it.
            sigpic
            New Braunfels Bandera
            New Braunfels Hondo
            4-22.5" Weber Kettles
            1-26" Weber Kettle
            24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
            Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

The quality of Members Mark is questionable. That is cheap..probably for a reason. Save da money !
              Besides a wood/charcoal fire creates a much superior taste! IMHO.
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Just remember you'll get to use it what 5-6 months tops?
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post

good luck.
                  Hard to argue with any of the above. I've got all that stuff in one shape or another, ya know what I just cooked some fish up with?, , ,my Weber Kettle
                  JT

Comment

Or ya could get the computer and consume more alcohol
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      that is not going to end well. lol
                      Current babies:
                      Former Lineup:

Comment

Computer for making money would be my choice. Keep what you have for smokers because I think you would be disappointed.

Comment

I'd buy another Weber instead... get the Performer. Half the cost, and it ROCKS!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                            I'd buy another Weber instead... get the Performer. Half the cost, and it ROCKS!!!
                            I just bought a Performer a couple weeks ago. The thing is awesome.. Andy it has your name written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                              Sorry...would work for me
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X