When you're hot your hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're hot your hot

And it was smokin hot today. Then again, when you're not you're not.
    Just had to cook two butts for my sons buds Christmas in July party this coming Sat. I had 2 briskets in the freezer so tossed one on. All seemed to be going fine except for the extreme heat.

Got the point cut off and plan on pulling it. I'm down to my last thermo and it is giving me troubles, sometimes it work and sometimes it dont.

Now the when you're not you're not part. This has to be the dry-est brisket I think I ever cooked. Oh well I'll eat eat. I got it chillin right now and plan to get out the meat slicer tomorrow and thinly slice.

The point turned out pretty good.

The pork didn't let me down anyway. Really, it's hard to screw up a butt unless you plan to slice and overcook.

Got 9.5 pounds of nice clean pulled from 17.5 pounds of fresh. Turned out really good and used cherry and apple for the smoke.

Oh yum! Looks awesome. So how did you like the cherry? I have some but have not tried it yet. I don't know if I can pull away from hickory on the butts. Great smoke ring on the brisket too!

Comment

I really like the cherry. It smells nice and sweet. But I do like my hickory as well but I am runnin low on it and saving it for some fall bacon and hams. And thank you.

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Oh yum! Looks awesome. So how did you like the cherry? I have some but have not tried it yet. I don't know if I can pull away from hickory on the butts. Great smoke ring on the brisket too!

Comment

I'll go a medium flat rate cherry for pecan :{) I even got milled cherry...I can send a "block" :{)
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Missed this, Lee, but that is some beautiful pull pork right there!!!

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
          Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
          Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
          1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
          Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
          Weber Smokey Joe
          Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
          Pink Thermapen
          Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
            Missed this, Lee, but that is some beautiful pull pork right there!!!
            DITTO

Comment

Very nice stuff Lee, Nice work!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow the pork and point look outstanding, How was the flat after slicing Lee?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                  DITTO
                  X2, missed a dandy

sigpic

Comment

Hey turned the dried up flat into some chili or some stew or something...

It all looks good to me...
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X