Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It worked! OMG Curious Aardvark inspired Yorkshire Pudding as a plate good waffle too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It worked! OMG Curious Aardvark inspired Yorkshire Pudding as a plate good waffle too

Woohoo! Used all me letters!

I was so excited about what Alex showed me with the Yorkshire pudding "plate" that I had to give it a shot. OMG I am so loving this. I'm thinking it would also be good for a breakfast bowl, add eggs and sausage and bacon and hashbrowns. After you eat your breakfast toss on some maple syrup and DAMN! Check this puppy out, I used my CI skillet and same batter from last night but it was a little much so I thickened it slightly, added some malted milk powder and made a waffle. YUMMY! Thanks Alex!

Oh and this was just an experiment, too early for supper and already had lunch so not sure what to do with it. Sometimes there must be sacrifices.

It held up great on the plate. I only wanted to taste the waffle because I have been overindulging the last couple of days. Woohoo! Not bad for a sick day. Feeling better, but these dang antibiotics got me tummy a rumbling.

Cheryl,

My Mom was from England and we used to have this whenever we had roast beef with mashed taders and brown gravy.

Your turned out great.

Yumm
    Chargriller Pro w. sfb
    Ducane 4100 propane grill
    Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

It looks good...but what is it (not the waffle)? I musta missed somthin, I'll go look.
      On edit..Ok I get it! I'll do it!~:)
      Last edited by Mark R; 07-29-2011, 03:17 PM.
      Mark
      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Wow, Squirrel, you've been rockin' it, girl!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
          Woohoo! Used all me letters!

I was so excited about what Alex showed me with the Yorkshire pudding "plate" that I had to give it a shot. OMG I am so loving this. I'm thinking it would also be good for a breakfast bowl, add eggs and sausage and bacon and hashbrowns. After you eat your breakfast toss on some maple syrup and DAMN! Check this puppy out, I used my CI skillet and same batter from last night but it was a little much so I thickened it slightly, added some malted milk powder and made a waffle. YUMMY! Thanks Alex!

Oh and this was just an experiment, too early for supper and already had lunch so not sure what to do with it. Sometimes there must be sacrifices.

That looks a helluva lot like a 'dutch baby' made with flour, eggs, moo juice & served up with powdered sugar & lemon juice...
          YUM!!!

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
          Paul

Comment

Looks great. I have seen the biguns in a cookbook somewhere and should try it for my next PR dinner. Would save me alot of time instead of greezin and fillin them muffin tins.

Comment

lmao - you don't hang around do you

Never thought of it as waffle batter before - but vaguely recall that you can get sweet batter puddings in yorkshire.
              I always remember waffle batter tasting like victoria sponge mix (and I atea lot of that raw as a kid)

Fantastic job

too early for supper and already had lunch so not sure what to do with it.
              Oh I don't know: neighbours, firemen, ups employees, next door's teenager....
              I'm sure you'll find some young man to eat your pudding (I can't believe I just typed that you lot are a bad influence on me)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                I'm sure you'll find some young man to eat your pudding (I can't believe I just typed that you lot are a bad influence on me)
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

its a perfect yorkshire pudding, now i want some pr and pudding! need to hire me a chef, someone come make pr and pudding! lol! love the waffle idea too your are a superstar sista! I can't shoot ya points, it says i have to spead the points out with more of da boys!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    lmao - you don't hang around do you

Never thought of it as waffle batter before - but vaguely recall that you can get sweet batter puddings in yorkshire.
                    I always remember waffle batter tasting like victoria sponge mix (and I atea lot of that raw as a kid)

Fantastic job

That's what gets me outta bed in the mornin' time.

Comment

Working...
                    X