Oklahoma and Texas on fire ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma and Texas on fire ?????

Just heard about the wildfire ... I sincerely hope all my SM friends are safe and sound. Wow nasty pics of homes lost and such. Be Safe.

Same goes for us here.
    Hope all is well. We all have a lot of smokin' friends from those parts.

Tom

Comment

Yes I saw it his morning on CNN, just awful.
      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
      Ducane 4100 propane grill
      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Woah... I been messing with my VoIP line all AM...had not seen this... terrible. Be safe folks.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thoughts ta yall from the holler!
          sigpic

Comment

Hope everyone is ok!!!
            Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
            http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by grothe View Post
              Hope everyone is ok!!!

All the fires are about 40 miles west of me... But the winds are blowing in the smoke and ash here.. Its just nasty..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                All the fires are about 40 miles west of me... But the winds are blowing in the smoke and ash here.. Its just nasty..

Stay safe....and keep an eye on em!!
                Gene

sigpic

The Farm...
                http://gardenofeatn-rhf.blogspot.com/

Comment

same here i hope everyone is fine as well...my mom lives in midwest city/choctaw area the fire marshalls came out to her place and told her she should leave but it wasn't a forced evacuation so she stayed ..she called me last night about 9:30 pm and told me she was staying until it got to close to her , at this time the fires were about 4 miles from her ( to close for my taste ) but my mom is stubborn and bull headed so she stayed ..she said at that time i talked to her that sky was orange instead of being black like it should be and she could smell smoke and ash in the air....i talked to her this morning she ended up staying at home and the fire went around her property the closes it came was 1/2 mile
                  i told her she should have left but.....fortunely she made it thru another day but real unfortunely for alot of folks ...so for all the oklahoma & texas people be careful and keep your nose to sky..
                  Mike
                  Oklahoma City
                  22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                  Weber 22.5 Performer
                  GOSM 3405gw
                  Boomer Sooner Drum
                  Maverick ET-732
                  Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                  A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

also just wanted to throw this out as well if anybody is wanting to help the fire victims there is alot of donations centers here ...i would just say go to craiglist.com , oklahoma , oklahoma city and go to the free section and there are alot of different places looking for donations for the victims ...also i would imagine salvation army or red cross , feed the children here in okc would be doing the same thing....thanks
                    Mike
                    Oklahoma City
                    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                    Weber 22.5 Performer
                    GOSM 3405gw
                    Boomer Sooner Drum
                    Maverick ET-732
                    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by doctor phreak View Post
                      same here i hope everyone is fine as well...my mom lives in midwest city/choctaw area the fire marshalls came out to her place and told her she should leave but it wasn't a forced evacuation so she stayed ..she called me last night about 9:30 pm and told me she was staying until it got to close to her , at this time the fires were about 4 miles from her ( to close for my taste ) but my mom is stubborn and bull headed so she stayed ..she said at that time i talked to her that sky was orange instead of being black like it should be and she could smell smoke and ash in the air....i talked to her this morning she ended up staying at home and the fire went around her property the closes it came was 1/2 mile
                      i told her she should have left but.....fortunely she made it thru another day but real unfortunely for alot of folks ...so for all the oklahoma & texas people be careful and keep your nose to sky..
                      glad your moms ok & i hope this for all down that way.
                      Terry here
                      Still have Christene

Comment

Our prayers go out to those who have already lost it all and to those who are threatened by these wild fires.
                        Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                        Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Those fires really did some damage. I haven't heard of any casualties, hope there aren't any either. Still feel sorry for the folks who lost everything they had.
                          Last edited by Yard Dog; 04-10-2009, 09:28 PM.
                          Big Black Johnson
                          GOSM 3405BGW
                          Old Cimmaron (Ol' Faithful)
                          Cast Iron Grill (state park type)

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dog View Post
                            Those fires really did some damage. I haven't heard of any casualties, hope there aren't any either. Still feel sorry for the folks who lost everything they had.

Im not sure about Oklahoma.. But here we lost a couple in there home; they were in there 80's ...What a shame.
                            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Sure hate to hear that TH. Hope the winds lay down and some rain moves in.
                              Big Black Johnson
                              GOSM 3405BGW
                              Old Cimmaron (Ol' Faithful)
                              Cast Iron Grill (state park type)

Comment

Working...
                              X