For Tip Scandinavian Sausages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Tip Scandinavian Sausages

I was digging through some old folders on my laptop and found these sasuge recipes.. I know you were asking for some Scandinavian style sausages a few months back...

Sorry for the delay..

Potatis Korv

2 lbs. Lean Beef
    2 lbs. Fatty Pork
    10 lbs. Potatoes ( Peeled lbs. )
    2 Large Onion, Chopped
    10 Cloves Garlic, Minced
    2 Tbs. Salt
    1 Tbs. White Pepper
    1/2 Tbs. CBP
    1/2 Tbs. Ground Allspice
    1/2 Tsp. Ground Mace
    1/2 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
    Ham Stock or Chicken Broth For Cooking The Sausage In.

Peel, dice, and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until done but not mushy.. Cool and mash the potatoes, leaving lumps.. Mix all other ingredeiants together and grind through 3/16" plate.. Add potatoes and mix with the meat.. Stuff into hog casings, make 12" rounds and tie off..

Simmer in broth for 45 minutes, then refrigerate.. Can be sereved hot or cold..

Norwegian Raw Potato Sausage

10 lbs. Pork Butt Or Shoulder
    5 lbs. Peeled Potatoes
    1 Large Onion
    6 Cups. Chicken Broth ( For Cooking The Links In )
    Salt ( Used Twice )
    1 Tbs. White Pepper
    1 Tbs. Allspice
    3 Bay Leaves

Dice potatoes, meat, onion.. Mix on your work serface area, add pepper and one tablespoon of salt... Grind with 3/16" plate and stuff into hog casings.. Tying off 8" links.. sprinkle with salt and hang in a cool place overnight..To cook bring broth to a boil, add bay leaves, 1 Tsp. salt and allspice.. Simmer sausage for 1 hour, serve hot..

Perunamakkara

7 lbs. Lean Pork
    3 lbs. Lean Beef
    4 Large Potatoes
    8 Cups Milk
    1 Tbs. Salt
    1 Tbs. Ground Ginger
    1 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg

Peel, boil, cool, and mash the potatoes... Cut the meat into chunks, mix well and spread out over your work area..Sprinkle salt, ginger and nutmeg... Mix well.. Groind meat with 3/16" plate... Mix the mashed potatoes and milk... Add meat mixture then mix.. Stuff loosly into hog casings.. Make 6" links..Sprinkle with salt and refrigerate overnght..

Too cook, simmer the sausage and pricking them to keep from bursting.. Serve hot..

Göteborg

6 lbs. Beef
    4 lbs. Fatty Pork Butt
    2 Cups Dry Sherry
    3/4 Cup Salt
    4 Tbs. Ground Mustard Seed
    4 Tbs. Sugar
    2 Tbs. Crushed Peppercorns
    2 Tbs. Minced Fresh Thyme
    1 Tab. Ground Cadamom
    Beef Casings ( Middles )

Cut meat into chunks for grinding... Sprinkle evenly with salt.. pack into meat lug, cover and refrigerate for 48 hours.. When done, spread meat over your work area, sprinkle with the spice and seasonings... Grind through 3/16" plate.. Mix in the sherry and stuff into sewn beef middle casings tightly to avoide air bubbles... Hang to dry for 4-5 hours.. Cold smoke for 12 hours, then dry in a cool airy place for 10 to 12 weeks...

To cook, simmer the sausage in stews and soups..

Medisterpolse

10 lbs. Pork Butt Or Shulder
    1 Large Onion, Minced
    3 Tbs. Salt
    1 Tbs. White Pepper
    1 Tsp. CBP
    1 Tsp. Cardamom
    1/2 Tsp. Ground Allspice
    1/2 Tsp. Ground Clove
    2 Cups Beef Stock
    Sheep Casings

Cut meat into chunks, spread out on work surface, sprinkle with onion and seasonings... Grind through 3/16 or 1/4" plate.. Then grind twice more with 1/8" plate.. Add in beef broth a little at a time.. Stuff into sheep casing.. Make links into 4-5"..

Too cook, fry or grill until well done, or simmer in broth for 10 minutes then pan fry...
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Thanks Ken! That'll give me sumtin ta play with!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X