Spring Turkey Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Turkey Season

Anybody have any luck this year? I have been out every morning and all I have seen is racoons, skunks, deer, rabbits and coyotes. Happens every year. Go out, freeze, get wet and never see or hear a one of them. Be working around the farm or running for supplies and there they are right there in the middle of a field. I'll get one, I got 51 days. If I had one now I wouldn't be allowed to smoke it for Easter anyhow. Thats reserved for the 22 pound picnic.
    sigpic

I dont waste my time with spring season... Hell they leave after deer season..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
      Anybody have any luck this year? I have been out every morning and all I have seen is racoons, skunks, deer, rabbits and coyotes. Happens every year. Go out, freeze, get wet and never see or hear a one of them. Be working around the farm or running for supplies and there they are right there in the middle of a field. I'll get one, I got 51 days. If I had one now I wouldn't be allowed to smoke it for Easter anyhow. Thats reserved for the 22 pound picnic.
      well they all good eatin critters... including & up to badger,beaver,groundhawg,miink... okok ... ya i been seeing them in covey of 5-15 all over my place... just no time to go get them..
      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
      cast iron Hibachi
      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
      & rotisserator
      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
      my music recordings-
      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by blues_n_cues View Post
        ya i been seeing them in covey of 5-15 all over my place... just no time to go get them..
        It does bite when that happens. Now if only life was all play and no work........
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
          I dont waste my time with spring season... Hell they leave after deer season..God Made Beef & Pork Perfect, Try Not To Screw It Up...

Yea I can see that. Except every year about the middle to last of May I guess the Toms really get horny around here and they are everywhere.

He did make them perfect didn't he?
          sigpic

Comment

My seasons dont start till the end of the month, been scout'n , seen several long beards, now to get permission.Can't wait, fresh turkey, shrooms and smallmouth.
            My food WAS a vegaterian!!
            Death Row Outfitters

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
              It does bite when that happens. Now if only life was all play and no work........
              well i live way out where & when them noisy basards wake me up ....- what season????? it's sustenance hunting...
              thery're as bad as crows here- you can hit 1 in the truck & still claim yer deductible on farm ins.- now thats hunting- ya just gotta be sure to bounce them off the corner...
              Last edited by blues_n_cues; 04-10-2009, 11:30 PM.
              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
              cast iron Hibachi
              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
              & rotisserator
              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
              my music recordings-
              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Buzz I hope when the season opens they are still around. Seems like around here they are everywhere unil 6AM April 1 and suddenly they are gone. Then come June 1 you can't drive down the road without the birds flying in front of ya out of a dith.

You know if all else fails, shrooms and bass ain't bad alone.

Been so cold around here and so much hard rain I am wondering if we will have a morel season. Time will tell, still have plenty of time.
                sigpic

Comment

Season just started here today. I haven't hunted them, but my stepson is a turkey hunting nut. He's out there this morning with his archery equipment. Says he already shot enough of them with his shotgun.
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

I bagged two this past weekend while I was trying to hog hunt...... got two gobblers going back this weekend to pick em up from the butcher.
                    20x36 BYC by Klose Modified
                    36" Jenn-Air NG Grill
                    22" webber
                    several burners
                    pool/spa (of course)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X